PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Maddison
Tue, Feb-07-06, 21:33
Although I've been lurking about the forum for the last month, this is my first official post! :wave:

I've been doing pretty well w/ my LCing and i feel I owe a huge thank you to everyone I've learned from on this forum. My body went through alot of changes the first few weeks (Atkins flu, breakouts) and i was able to find so much information that helped me answer my questions/quell fears during the induction period.

Like alot of people here I've done every diet in the book, only to fail in the first few weeks. I blamed myself for not having the willpower to say no to my often insatiable cravings. However over the last few years I was able to identify the fact that I (like many others) continued to eat on a full stomach, usually craving starchy foods. I also noticed how much like an addiction those cravings were and how no amount of mental battle could keep me from continuing to eat. Afer reading the science behind carb addiction it all made sense.

Because of being heartbroken by so many diets that I had started out on w/ good intentions, I was TERRIFIED to weigh myself after starting. I did eventually weigh myself about 10 days into the program and was happy to find i lost 7 lbs, but then 1 day later I had gained a pound and was bummed out. I ended up reading alot of posts here that indicated this is normal w/ this WOE so i waited to weigh myself after a full month. I was happy to find i had lost 9 lbs total! I now know that I cannot weigh myself every day, or even every week b/c I tend to freak out if the scale doesn't go my way.

I understand my weight loss will probably slow down but i seriously don't care. If I only lose a pound a month then I'll just be that much closer to goal. Eating this way for the rest of my life does not scare me or make me feel deprived at all. What scares me is going back to those out of control eating binges (it's such a horrible state feeling out of control.)

Thanks again to everyone who contibutes to this forum! You are all so inspirational and have helped me feel so much less alone in this struggle.

:)

loserinnc
Wed, Feb-08-06, 00:08
Hi Maddison,
Welcome to the forum. You sound like you have such a wonderful attitude. I am sure you will make it.
Good Luck.

HoneyBunch
Wed, Feb-08-06, 03:00
:wave:
You are on the right path :thup: Nice to have you here ;)

SkeeterX
Wed, Feb-08-06, 03:18
Welcome to the Forums!

bob2112
Wed, Feb-08-06, 04:19
Welcome to the forums.

sunnysidup
Wed, Feb-08-06, 05:42
I hear you on EVERY account! Welcome! :wave:

MargoP
Wed, Feb-08-06, 08:26
Glad you are here welcome to the forums!!

TyroneBill
Wed, Feb-08-06, 10:45
Hi and welcome Maddison , great attitude. KUTGW.