PDA

View Full Version : Making cookies with kids.....YIKES!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

tskako
Fri, Dec-28-01, 21:46
My son asked me today if we could make cookies. I said sure, no problem, but was thinging, yikes, how am I going to do this without being tempted to lick my fingers? :(
So we started the batch and it went well. No temtations. I forgot we didn't have eggs, (since that's been a regular part of my day :) ) so we ran and got some.
Once the batch was all made, I could feel myself weekening. I did a little spoon licking to toal about a 1/2 of cookie. If I could have, and not disappointed my son, I would have tossed the dough in the garbage. I just knew it was a bad night to make cookies. Do you ever feel like you have a stronger will power some days than others, especially when your family is eating the old WOL. Well, I managed to eat one more 1/2 baked cookie. I thought I was going to be reallybummed when I looked at the carb counter, but it wasn't so terrible. Not that I plan on tossing a cookie in my mouth anytime soon. Tomorrow will be a better day, (I hope). We'll just make sure my high metabolism husband makes the cookies dissapear. :)
Thanks for listening.

-tskako

HeyCE
Tue, Jan-08-02, 16:31
Absolutely some times are easier than others. I don't think a teeny taste will hurt you though from what I've read on others' journals, for some people the occasional "indulgence" puts them on a stall. I indulged in a bit of cheesecake on Saturday--no problems.

A couple of times I've thought I was just dying for something sweet--so I grabbed a packet of Splenda!! :rolleyes:

Lessara
Wed, Jan-09-02, 11:12
My children used to do the same thing. I have them LCing along with me but once in a while I get cookie dough already formed so I cook 6 cookies and the others go by by. No temptation. :D
I used to cook potatoes for my family but it got so bad as a temptation for me I just told my family I couldn't do it anymore... from what I heard on ABC news. Not serving pototoes may be a good thing! :)

tskako
Thu, Jan-10-02, 10:05
Lessara, thank you for the great idea! What a no brainer for me. In my business, I work with the refrigerated dough all of the time and never thought of that! Maybe I'll grab some of the frozen ones that are already formed. Have a super day!

- tskako

KarenB
Sat, Feb-09-02, 01:50
Ewwwww, Carolyn! :lol:

I can remember in the old days grabbing a spoon and downing a few mouthfuls of brown sugar, standing in front of the open cupboard door. But I have *never* been tempted (yet anyway) to grab a packet of Splenda, rip it open, and dump it into my mouth.

Hmmm...I can also recall drinking maple syrup out of the bottle--or even Karo... ::gagging:: and chocolate syrup, that stuff was NEVER safe, it hardly ever made it into milk or onto ice cream...

Anyway, to the meat of this topic, as it were. :-)

What about just making some LC cookies? Sure, the ingredients are a little different (whey protein powder, almond flour, Splenda), but it's still a cookie. My little one won't scarf the LC ones like she would Nestle's Toll House, but that's a *good* thing IMO--and besides, I can *enjoy* the LC-legal kind!