PDA

View Full Version : New to Atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

buzymomof2
Thu, Feb-02-06, 12:53
After reading all the success stories up here, I decided it was time to hop aboard. We have a new pontoon boat and I dont wont to sink it this summer :lol: All advice is much appreciated, esp. helpful hints and "no-no's"
Thanks,

RHONDAHOL
Thu, Feb-02-06, 13:21
Hi Buzymomof2! I Was Also Interested In The Success Stories, Some Of The Photos Were Amazing. How Much Do You Want To Lose Before Summer??

buzymomof2
Sun, Feb-05-06, 11:24
Hey newbie,
I would love to lose 50 pounds before summer. Let me tell you a story.
I took both of my children into a local malt shop and both got ice cream and them we had to go into a local bakery :help: I did not buy ANYTHING for me. I gave myself a pat on the back.
Hope to chat soon

loserinnc
Mon, Feb-06-06, 10:58
Hi. Welcome to the forum. What part of NC are you from?
Good luck on your weight loss journey.

RHONDAHOL
Mon, Feb-06-06, 14:56
Good Job On Passing Up The Baked Goods. I Had Alittle Trouble Sticking To The Low Carb Way Of Living This Weekend.

bob2112
Mon, Feb-06-06, 21:51
Welcome to the forums and grats on the resistance. Wishing you all the best.

buzymomof2
Fri, Feb-10-06, 15:19
Hi. Welcome to the forum. What part of NC are you from?
Good luck on your weight loss journey.

Hey loserinnc
I am close to greenville nc
how about you? :o

melissa G
Fri, Feb-10-06, 16:44
:wave: Hi, welcome to the forums and congrats on resisting temptation. :thup: I have 3 kids that are always eating some kind of a no no in front of me. :agree:

TyroneBill
Fri, Feb-10-06, 19:54
Welcome and congrats for passing on the so called goodies.

MargoP
Fri, Feb-10-06, 20:07
:wave: Welcome. temptations are all around Thats why I love LC it is so much easier to resist. The good thing for me is that I Never have been much of a sweet freak. But gimme those breads and potatoes. Yippee!!! for you on the pass!! :thup: I wish you the best on your weight loss goal for the summer. There Is Strength in numbers :agree: :) hang around here and you will find a world of information and wonderful support and motivation. Take care! Sincerely~MargoP

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10724;88;0;0/c/-12/t/-80/k/e052/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

loserinnc
Sat, Feb-11-06, 06:00
Hi. I hope that you are having much success! I live close to Asheboro NC.
Have a great weekend.

SkeeterX
Sat, Feb-11-06, 06:24
Welcome to the LC wol!! I have 2 kids, 22 and almost 6..and a grandbaby just born New Year's Eve :) I've been cooking LC for about a month, and my daughter has noticeably lost weight too. She was on the chunky side... She grew 3 inches since I last measured her, but her weight stayed the same. I'm really surprised, she hasn't complained about our meals at all. Hubby's a truck driver, coming home today for the first time since I've been LCing... we'll see how I do with him home!

rolnugam
Sat, Feb-11-06, 08:39
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10101;79;0;1/c/257/t/200/s/273/k/37e9/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

Try not to get bored....look for recipes that will keep your taste buds happy.
You need to be patient during the frst week, but after that you will see results
If you are going to weigh yourself, do it in the morning at the same time everyday (I do it before I shower). Try (although it is hard) not to weigh yourself everyday, I do it every other day, but I really pay attention to it every saturday (that is when I see how much I have lost during the week)
Be strong and drink alot of water.
Don't like the gym?? Go for a walk, walk for 30 minutes around the block....
good luck :thup: