PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Girlee
Thu, Feb-02-06, 10:02
Hi, everyone! I am new to this forum, but not this diet. I did Atkins when I was 17, and had some amazing success, but didn't stick with it and gained the weight back. I went on a low fat diet when I was 21 and lost a lot of weight, kept it off for several years, and then gained it all back. Today, I am heavier than I have ever been in my life. I am depressed and desperate, so I am trying Atkins again to get my body back in shape for summer. I need to lost approx. 70 pounds total, but want to lose at least 50 by summer time. I am motivated, but also terrified of failure. I am joining this forum because I've always done it alone, and I need some motivation this time.

Good luck to all of you, and please wish me luck :)

Nancy101
Thu, Feb-02-06, 11:34
Hi and Welcome Girlee!

This is the BEST LC support site around for real. I've just recently come back after a bit of a time away and found so many of my old LC friends still here and still offering tremendous encouragement and best wishes.

Stick around - You'll find tons of support and make some great cyber friends.

Good luck on your journey back to good health.

Nancy

dawninHI
Thu, Feb-02-06, 11:42
:wave: Aloha!