PDA

View Full Version : Looking for friends in Southern Ontario and Canada

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

feefighter
Tue, Jan-31-06, 18:59
HI,

I am still fairly new to this site but I am hoping that pple around where I live are also doing this diet...I just find that in the US they have access to more food products then we do, so I am hoping that we can all collaborate and see what products we do have access to here in Canada and in particular, Southern Ontario . I just hope they don't all cost us an arm and a leg! LOL
I hope that we can make comparisons about food too... :help:

Rachel1
Tue, Jan-31-06, 19:03
Check out the "Local Low-Carbers" forum. Lots of Canadians here. I think there's even an Ontario/Toronto region thread.

Rachel

fireandice
Tue, Jan-31-06, 19:54
Hi Feefighter! I'm from Toronto too! Feel free to PM me if you need anything and good luck on your journey!

Mel

shushu
Tue, Jan-31-06, 21:44
hi feefighter, Congratulations on your loss. I read in one of your posts that you do not have as many food choices in Canada as in the US. That is not necessarily a bad thing. I read an article about someone that was successful with a low carb diet. She said she purposely did not stock her kitchen with lots of LC choices. That helped her eat less. For myself I know I eat less if I have less variety. I can also see that if you don't have some variety though LC could become too boring (for lack of a better word). Anyhow, I thought I would just add a positive light to your situation of less variety. Best wishes for your continued success! shushu

fressca
Wed, Feb-01-06, 09:11
Hi Feefighter, I'm just north of Toronto... check out the ad at the top of this page for The Low Carb Grocery, it's on Yonge Street north of Lawrence I believe. I'm definitely going to pay a visit next time I'm in the city!