PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm ready

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Jetamio
Tue, Jan-31-06, 16:39
Hi everyone -
I've been on this forum before and I tried to embrace Atkins WOE a few months back but a medication I was on was sabbotaging my efforts. So, I weaned myself off of it (with dr. approval) and saw some weight loss. However, now I'm ready to make some serious changes. I started really struggling with my weight a few years ago when my dr. put me on anti depressants. It just shot up. I carry it well (does that make sense) but I just turned 30 a few weeks ago, summer is around the corner, and darn it, I want to look good! I've done my grocery shopping, asked my daughter for support and tomorrow I am ready to start. I'm nervous and excited. I'll probably be asking a ton of questions, but I'm so ready to do this!

Mousesmom
Tue, Jan-31-06, 16:53
Welcome!!! So glad you found us. You will find lots of great support and advice here.

Ask away. We're here to help!

Take care, Julie

HoneyBunch
Tue, Jan-31-06, 19:50
:wave: Nice to have you ;) Lots of support here!!!

bob2112
Wed, Feb-01-06, 04:22
Welcome to the forums. Wishing you all the best on your LC journey.

spiroll
Wed, Feb-01-06, 05:02
Hello :) I can totally relate to medication sabotaging your efforts to lose weight. My doctor has me on Lexapro for anxiety and I find that I can lose weight on it, however it's the first antidepressant that's ever been true of. All of my weight is antidepressant weight...mostly from Paxil.

Welcome back to LCing :) You should start a journal and post your goals, triumphs, trip-ups, and general ranting about your day :)

Feel free to visit my journal any time :) Good luck with LCing!!!

Jetamio
Wed, Feb-01-06, 11:41
Thanks everyone. I started my journal this morning and weighed myself. I was actually down a few pounds from when I last weighed so that was nice. Probably just getting off the medications helped alone. I'm excited - I can't wait for the weight to start coming off this time. No Zoloft or Celexa in my body to hold on to my fat with both hands this time!