PDA

View Full Version : Back to Atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ollywog
Tue, Jan-31-06, 13:11
Any help with Induction will be greatly appreciated. I want to avoid diet sodas, does anyone know a good chai recipe? Are there any good milk substitutes? I have been dieting for 50 years! I lose on Atkins but then go back to bread and pasta. :-( when I get lazy. Thanks for any help.

foxgluvs
Tue, Jan-31-06, 13:20
You know, there are other plans like atkins but still LC, which enable you to have a bit of bread/pasta from time to time. Maybe you'd be better with something like South Beach, or another plan which would enable you to stick with it :)

ardentluma
Tue, Jan-31-06, 13:43
That's very true. There is a milk brand out there called "Carb Countdown." If you are an avid milk drinker, you may not like it. It's milk though, not soy...just processed to take the natural sugar out. And guess what. They have a chocolate milk, to. Not OK ffor induction, though. I buy the white milk because the carbs are very low and it's good to scramble my eggs with.