PDA

View Full Version : new to this....not new to dieting

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

mkduggan
Mon, Jan-30-06, 10:10
Hello...Need some info from you more experienced LC consumers...I am doing Induction for one week exactly-to the letter-and have not lost one pound! Rumor has it you can lose up to 10 pounds in 2weeks...What's the deal? Will I lose this week???

scrapbookr
Mon, Jan-30-06, 12:46
IMHO I think that it is important to keep your cals in check. I think the 10 pounds in 2 weeks is for people who have lots to lose. the closer you get to goal the slower the weight will come off. Also be careful for things like too much cheese and too many nuts and too much processed food with high sodium. Good luck. even if you haven't lost anything do you feel lots better?

loserinnc
Mon, Jan-30-06, 13:18
MaryKay,
Hello. Welcome to the forum. It is very important that you drink your water. Atleast 72 ounces per day. You also do not have that much to lose so it may come off slow. I started at 200 pounds so I had alot to lose. They say if you don't have much to lose it comes off slow. If you have any other questions come to my journal and I will help you if I can. Just click on the journal under my post.It might be good if you start a journal also and post what you eat then the older members can drop in and give you some advice.
Much luck on your journey. :wave:

mkduggan
Tue, Jan-31-06, 09:36
Thank you for your advice and invitation to view your journal Iwill do my best to increase my water...Thanks

mkduggan
Tue, Jan-31-06, 09:37
That's it...Im sure my body is in calorie overload! It will take a bit more time to sort out...I will hang in...thank you

loserinnc
Tue, Jan-31-06, 10:59
Just don't give up & dont cheat. Make sure that everything you eat is on the induction menu. I am sure you will see results soon.
Have a great day! :)

mkduggan
Tue, Jan-31-06, 17:17
Hi...thanks again...And here it is again, I am not cheating. I cannot get into Ketosis...I bought the strips and Im only showing trace amts. I am ketone challenged? I am following Induction to the letter....If I dont see something by the end of the week, I gotta stop this....All this fat is making me fatter Im afraid

HoneyBunch
Tue, Jan-31-06, 19:54
:wave:
I find that exercise enhances my weight loss and it also sheds water weight ;)