PDA

View Full Version : Back to Atkins again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

amza&twins
Sun, Jan-29-06, 23:47
Hi everyone,
I just started back on Atkins after going off of it in March 2004. I lost over 60 lbs and then I got pregnant with twins. So now it is back to the beginning. I don't remember it being so hard to get started the first time. The first time seemed so easy to give up all the goodies. I was also working 60 plus hours a week and now I am a stay at home mom. I told my husband I was going to lock all the food up and he could take the key to work with him. My 14 year old and I joined Curves but need to go on a regular bases, if anyone is in the neighborhood of Naples, Fl let me know. Maybe if I have another adult as a buddy it would help get me there more. Any suggestions are welcome and thanks for the support!!

bob2112
Mon, Jan-30-06, 04:34
Welcome back onboard.

amza&twins
Mon, Jan-30-06, 22:13
Thank you. I didn't even know this site existed! I hope it helps get me on track and keep me there! I think this site is such a good idea. The first time I did Atkins I was working and a whole bunch of us were doing it. We all kept each other on track. Now that I am a stay at home mom it is harder. Since my daughter and I are the only ones built short and stumpy and the boys are not it makes it harder. They can eat all kinds of things and we have to be careful. Again thanks for the welcome. I am sure we will chat again. Good luck to you as well.

sirlarry
Mon, Jan-30-06, 22:22
Welcome :wave: glad you are with us.

KJoy
Tue, Jan-31-06, 12:39
I am a stay home mom of twins, too! It is hard. I have been back on the diet for about 10 days now. So far I am being successful. I guess twins has taught me to work harder than I was before. Now the diet seems really easy. The hard part for me was preparing the food and juggling every other responsibility I had. But now that the twins are 8 months old and I stopped nursing, it somehow seems easier. I guess I have been through some stress.

amza&twins
Tue, Jan-31-06, 13:28
I know exactly where you are coming from. My twins are 14 months old. The one is still nursing so it makes it hard to do anything. He will take a bottle but when itcomes to nap or bedtime he needs to nurse. I think I just got in the habit of eating anything when I was pregnant and now I have to stop it. I think I also eat when I stressed or depressed. This learning to be a stay at home mom when I have worked for so long is really tough. Congradulations on the 10 days!!! I just started a few days ago, plus I am trying to go to Curves on a regular bases. Good luck to you and I am sure we will chat again.

KJoy
Wed, Feb-01-06, 11:29
Thanks! Good luck to you too. It is way hard to be a stay at home mom. And so worth it! I have chosen to stay with my 5 kiddos, and I love how it really makes a difference in the home. We are really close and have fun. Are these your first babes? If so, just know your freedom will come back and the kids really start to be so fun. Hard work, still, but it is really great when they make you laugh. I also ate whenever and whatever. :yum: But my doctor told me to. The boys were born at term and were 7.5 lbs each. So I don't regret the 70 lbs. Just as long as it comes off! So far I am -10. Ive done it before. For each child. So I know I can do it. :agree:

amza&twins
Tue, Feb-07-06, 22:24
I lost the weight before as well, it took me 12 years but I did it. I have two older children 13 and 14 and the 14 month old boys. I love being home with them but it is such an adjustment for me since I have worked since I was 12. Sometimes I just miss the adult interaction. Plus it is depressing I did so well with my weight when I was pregnant. I only gained 36 pounds. After they were born I was 10 pounds away from where I started. Now I weigh more than when I was pregnant! Time to make a change!! I have lost 4 more pounds since I started but I wish it was more. How is your progress coming?