PDA

View Full Version : New to this site....not new to dieting

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

starla827
Sun, Jan-29-06, 23:08
This is my third serious attempt at following a low carb lifestyle. My first 2 times I lost about 25 - 30 pounds...started feeling good about myself and stopped eating healthy. I want this time to be my last time...because I want it to finally work.

I have been doing an Atkins-stlye low carb diet for about 3 weeks and have already seen myself start to slip back into my old (read: BAD) eating habits. I think joining this group and having other people who follow similar diets to support me will really help me to stay on track this time. So far I am down 14.5 pounds....but weigh in day is Wednesday and I suspect some pounds creeping back on.

I have almost 100 pounds to lose, but Im looking forward to my next milestone...being back to the 250 range. Thats only 11.5 more pounds to go.

Im new to this site so Im not sure what I am supposed to say or what anyone is interested in hearing, but I certainly welcome all comments/suggestions/encouragement and I hope to be doing the same for everyone else!

bob2112
Mon, Jan-30-06, 04:37
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your loss so far. Best wishes as you move forward.

starla827
Tue, Jan-31-06, 10:51
Thanks and congratualtions to you to!

HoneyBunch
Tue, Jan-31-06, 15:13
:wave:
This time you will do it!!! This forum is what keeps me ticking to the next day...The support here is amazing...When I feel tempted or feel I need motivation, I visit the forum. Dont forget to exercise ;)

Heike
Tue, Jan-31-06, 15:25
I can only agree.The forum is very important to me too.It's very much talking to some friends who REALLY understand and don't ever drag you down (like some of my lowfat colleagues do)plus their knowledge is invaluable.They've been there-or still are-don't underestimate the support.Good luck! Congrats on your success so far.Keep visiting!!