PDA

View Full Version : I know I can run!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

saponaria
Sun, Jan-29-06, 08:10
Hi. I am new here. I had a little girl in October. My husband is a musician and wrote me a song last night he had written about her birth. The refrain is "I know you can run." We had her at home unassisted. (Bear with me I have a point.) That means that I gave birth to her at home with just my husband. It was THE high of my life and my husbands. I can't describe how incredible and beautiful it was to bring her into this world on the same bed she was conceived on.

As simple and as natural as giving birth is, it made me feel like I could do anything. And more than anything right now I want to lose weight. I don't want her to grow up with a fat mom. I don't want to be one of those moms I have always seen that are large and wearing some dowdy clothes while they have their sweet little girl all dressed up. It always seemed to me in some way like the mom was dressing her up because she couldn't really do the same for herself.

I don't want to continue wearing just whatever I can find that fits me and doesn't look "too" terrible on me. I want my little girl to have a pretty mom too. I don't want her to have the fat mom. And if I can give birth on my own surely I can lose weight as well! We have a beach house reserved for us by in laws this summer and I want to look good when I go to the beach. I don't want to have to yet again wear some kind of cover up to hide my body down to my knees.

I was overweight before getting pregnant and this time the pregnancy weight isn't just dropping off like it did with my boys. I have a ways to go and I am really looking forward to the support here to stick with my new WOE and lose this weight!!

Tjenxs
Sun, Jan-29-06, 09:12
Wow! Having a baby at home, unassisted, is quite an accomplishment! I don't know many people who would even attempt that in this day and age. You should be commended!

I'm sure you'll find lots of wonderful people here and wealth of information. Good luck on your weight loss journey! :)

lazydaisy2
Sun, Jan-29-06, 10:22
I am in awe>> You Go Girl! Look around on the site and drop in and say hello. Everyone is super friendly. Good Luck.

MargoP
Sun, Jan-29-06, 11:03
:wave: Welcome to the forum you will like it here lots of good info and a wonderful place for support. Wishing you and your family the best for a happy and healthy life. :)

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10722;104;0;0/c/-8/t/-80/k/fef7/weight.png
[/url]

nikkil
Sun, Jan-29-06, 14:06
best of luck on your weightloss journey and congrats on having a healthy baby!

GunaB130
Sun, Jan-29-06, 14:33
Good for you!!!!! Your attitude will only bring you great success in this journey!!! Stick to your plan, know it well, never wavier and before you know it there will be ANOTHER healthy, beautiful, new lady in your house!!!! ;)

:wave:

saponaria
Mon, Jan-30-06, 08:59
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

awaldron
Mon, Jan-30-06, 09:02
That's an amazing story! Welcome and good luck on your journey! Be sure to visit the Atkins page in this forum for lots of tips and support!

Cheers,
Andie