PDA

View Full Version : We are fat, we need to slim down and we start TODAY!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bigfatluxo
Thu, Jan-26-06, 08:54
Hi there,

My name is Guillaume, Male, 290Lbs.
My wife is Corazon, Female ;) , 151Lbs.

Our goals are 198 and 121 lbs

We will be posting blood results and pics shortly.

Today is the first day of our new life.

Baleigh1
Thu, Jan-26-06, 09:11
I am new too. Welcome. The people on this board are fantastic. Lots of great info and support. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

HoneyBunch
Thu, Jan-26-06, 11:13
:agree: Nice to have you both here. It is wonderful you are doing this together :agree: I joined not to long ago and I love it here. It motivates me to the fullest!!

:wave: Mahalo

Betsy-StL
Thu, Jan-26-06, 18:43
Welcome Guillaume and Corazon! :wave: And good luck on your low carb journey.

sanfar
Thu, Jan-26-06, 19:16
:wave: Hello and Welcome Guillaume and Corazon. I have found this site to be very welcoming and informative as well as inspirational. Best wishes on your LC journeys.

bob2112
Fri, Jan-27-06, 06:59
Welcome to the forums. Wishing the both of you all the best on this journey.

bkloots
Fri, Jan-27-06, 09:29
Together is very good...but please don't compete. Every body is different. Enjoy your new lifestyle, and visit here often.

bigfatluxo
Fri, Jan-27-06, 11:02
Well, well who would have thought that so many people would welcome us? Cool !
Our guess is that the only solution is to to it together. I tried to loose weight las t year and it worked, I lost 20 KG from December 2004 to March 2005 but then I put 10 back on.

Reason 1 was that I didn't do "Atkins" by the book, but by my own idea... Result 1 was that I never got zo do any maintenance, I just switched back to the old habits and bang half of what I lost was back.

Reason 2 was that Corazon didn't "do it with me" , that raised temptation... We eat very healthy food, and we both cook very well and with much pleasure, I spare you the rest :D .

bkloots: Thank you very much for the really sensible advice. But don't worry we aint competing. I am MUCH bigger than Corazon and I loose weight real fast when trying to do it. she is not much overweight and she looses slowly. One can only compare apples with apples as we say here... This means we are NOT competing but supporting eachother.

Yesterday we ate Salmon, Cod and Shrimps with a salad for lunch and each half a steack, a chicken leg and 1 cup (american measure) of cabbage (3.8g/c) each for dinner. For breakfast we had "Meatbread" (Minced meat backed in the oven filled with Mozarella) and an egg sunny side up. We drank about 3 Liters of water each.

Today We both feel quite well.

Yo, thanks again for the warm welcome.

Guillaume and Corazon

foxgluvs
Fri, Jan-27-06, 11:05
Good for you two!! At least this time round you knw the danger signs and that means you can do this properly this time round :) good luck to both of you!

JaneDough
Fri, Jan-27-06, 14:44
Ahh, Luxembourg; you live in a beautiful place. Welcome to you both. There are other couples here and I'm sure it helps to start off with a partner. :)

bigfatluxo
Fri, Jan-27-06, 14:57
Yep,

It's really nice over here. Temperate Continental climate, good life, interesting places, nicest forrests and woods in the world:)

AmandainBC
Fri, Jan-27-06, 15:42
Welcome :wave: and good luck to both of you