PDA

View Full Version : How'd your holiday go??

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

SAMTigress
Wed, Dec-26-01, 06:00
I pray everyone had a wonderful holiday with family and friends.

Did you all manage to have a guilt-free, yet satisfying meal?? I pray so.

I did good. Still hanging at 248, yet happy. Let me know how you did.

Have a great day!!

God bless.

:wave:

Sh'ra
Thu, Dec-27-01, 09:49
SAMT,
I did okay until 25th, then blew it on a few pieces of chocolate; but I didn't gain any and am holding at 254, so that's a blessing. And, I began induction again yesterday, so I'm hoping to take off several pounds in the next two weeks.
Sh'ra

SAMTigress
Fri, Dec-28-01, 06:47
Sh'ra I think you're doing great. No need to worry about a little slip here and there. Besides, no gain equals no pain. :lol:

Good luck with your new 'induction' period. I'm sure you'll be thinner before you know it.

Keep up the good work -- God bless.

:wave:

Victoria
Sat, Dec-29-01, 21:38
Hi SAMTigress and Sh'ra,
I did real well until one weak moment I ate 3 pieces of fudge. And the kid's Christmas candy has been haunting me...but have been pretty good about that....not perfect, but pretty good. :rolleyes: I just made a Chocolate Moouse from this forum, that was WONDERFUL! I figured I'd make something chocolate that I can eat without the guilt. I just have to be careful not to eat more than my share.

Now that things are getting back to normal around here, I am back on track. It's a one day at a time thing. But the more successes I have behind me, the easier it gets. :spin: Victoria

BaileyWS
Sat, Dec-29-01, 21:53
Hi ...

I had decided that I would eat whatever I wanted on Christmas Day ... and I chose to eat a few things I normally would pass by ... like a few spoonfuls of stuffing, and a peice of cheesecake, and a few chocolates. The days after, I did better ... 26th was fine until late night, when I couldn't pass the leftover cheesecake in the fridge ... and yesterday when I chose to eat a piece of bruschetta at the Italian restaurant we ate at before our Broadway show (saw Aida). Today was fine, too, if it weren't for the popcorn at the movies or peanut blossom (cookie) after dinner. All in all, though, I am eating SO much different than I used to ... that's SO apparent now that I'm visiting my family ...

The good news ... shared this in my journal already ... is that everyone here is so complimentary on the way I look! They really really notice the weight loss! It's great motivation.

Like Sh'ra I will go back on induction, but not until the 3rd or 4th, when I return home.