PDA

View Full Version : When You Go Out?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Cheermom
Fri, Jan-20-06, 07:18
What is your favorite resturant? & What do you order? Low carb options please! :lol:

Cheermom
Fri, Jan-20-06, 07:31
While on Low Carb! I like steak and all you can eat shrimp and snow crabs with a salad. I come home for a dessert I made.
Kristal

engineergirl
Fri, Jan-20-06, 08:39
I usually look for Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad - it's usually a safe bet, for both carb content & taste.

Kristine
Fri, Jan-20-06, 08:42
- chicken wings, dry Cajun style.
- chicken caesar salad
- "julienne" salad - the one I get has roast beef, ham and cheese
- smothered chicken - chicken breast baked with cheese, peppers and mushrooms. :yum: Delish.

Alicatspjz
Fri, Jan-20-06, 10:17
I agree with above...meat/fish/poultry-friendly dishes, substitute extra veggies for the starch side. However, I do have a favorite restaurant I take any visiting guests too, and it's a Mexican restaurant. Even there I have no trouble ordering an enchilada, no beans, no rice..and the carbs in the sauce I allow for and the tortilla too...a little splurge once in a while is okay if I plan for it, but I don't go overboard.

Enomarb
Fri, Jan-20-06, 15:27
Chicken caesar salad is my favorite lunch. Two of my favorite chain restaurants for dinner are Outback (you can order steak, and double sauteed vegies instead of potato) and Bonefish Grill (any fish, and again they will sub vegies). Both of these places include a salad with the dinner.
I also like Chick Fil'A for a fast food meal- really good and fresh salads.

Luzyanna
Fri, Jan-20-06, 15:39
I try to stick to steakhouses, buffets or Cracker Barrell that has a large low-carb menu. If hubby wants to eat somewhere that's difficult for me, I'll eat a snack before going and just find something like a salad when there.

Jr8Fan
Fri, Jan-20-06, 15:57
Ruby Tuesday's has a whole low carb menu. I love it all! However, I rarely eat out. I like to control how my food is cooked and seasoned to be sure.

Nakkira
Fri, Jan-20-06, 17:15
Ruby Tuesday is my favorite, I think they have one of the best LC selections, definitely the best LC restaurant in my area. They even advertise a LC cheesecake with a nut crust. I'm thinking of having that on my birthday.

MrMoose
Fri, Jan-20-06, 21:21
Golden Corral Buffet... heavy on the steak and chicken plus salad and low GI veggies.

I always seem to loose a bit of weight the next day.

mike

SkeeterX
Fri, Jan-20-06, 21:33
My husband is an OTR truck driver..and when he's home, he never wants to go anywhere. Occassionally my daughter and I will go out, and its usually salad, burger without the bun, or this dish called Smothered Chicken (chicken fillet with cheese, mushrooms and onions) and salad bar.

CindySue48
Fri, Jan-20-06, 22:38
Probably 90% of the time it's chicken caesar salad. I could eat that daily (and I have for weeks at a time).

Golden Corral: Salad and whatever meat the have....a little chicken, a little beef....and brussel sprouts!

Crazy Fire Mongolian Grill (Cary, NC): chicken and/or steak with sprouts, mushrooms, water chestnuts, cabbage, celery, broccoli, and olive oil. You stuff it all in a bowl and they stir fry it in front of you. It is excellent! You can get rice with it, but I refuse it.

Copeland's (Cary, NC): salmon with broccoli crown and a side caesar salad. The BEST salmon I have ever had!

Rarely go oout for dinner....mostly lunch. Actually, i can't even remember the last time I went out for dinner! LOL

Luzyanna
Sat, Jan-21-06, 01:05
Ruby Tuesday is my favorite, They even advertise a LC cheesecake with a nut crust. :eek: They do and I didn't know this? I know where I'm eating this weekend! :lol:

Nakkira
Sat, Jan-21-06, 01:43
:eek: They do and I didn't know this? I know where I'm eating this weekend! :lol:

They do! I've been too afraid to try it tho because I'm scared it's made with maltitol. I'm going to try to see if I can find out what they use.