PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Mom2Girls0
Thu, Jan-19-06, 12:55
Hi, My name is Mandy. Im 30 yrs old and have 3 beautiful daughters, aged 7, 5 and 1.

I'm so tired of being overweight that i'm ready to change. I've done Atkins twice so far with sucess, although I quit shortly after beginning both times. I've lost so far 22 lbs all together. The last time I did this, was more than 2 yrs ago. I am now back doing induction and have lost less than 4 lbs . I am on day 13. Fustrated to say the least!

This will work this time! I have about 40lbs to lose, so here is to the first step!

Mandy

bkloots
Thu, Jan-19-06, 13:24
Welcome back. You know what to do. The trick is....to keep on doing it. :lol: The two things that help me the most: keeping a food diary, and talking incessantly online about this WOE. Of course, I keep the book handy at all times, and follow the program faithfully. But everyone knows to do that. Don't they??

Betsy-StL
Sun, Jan-22-06, 08:53
Hi Mandy :wave: and welcome to the forums.

bob2112
Sun, Jan-22-06, 08:55
Welcome back onboard, Mandy.

robing0110
Sun, Jan-22-06, 14:44
I know how you feel and you are doing great already. I am pretty new here and have been so overwhelmed by the amount of support, encouragement and advice from everyone here. You r in a great place. It's kinda having like an accountability buddy, only their are tons of buddies here.

Take Care,
Robin

robing0110
Sun, Jan-22-06, 14:53
Need Some Advice You Guys!!!!!!!!

robing0110
Sun, Jan-22-06, 14:55
I am so frustrated right now. I have been doing this Plan (Atkins) for a week now and have only lost 5 pounds. Maybe I am not doing induction right. I've heard people say, I can eat all the meat I want. Well that's what I have been doing. Day before yeasterday my scale showed I lost 10 pounds. I ate egg salad, steak and water for all of my meals and the next day it said i only lost 5 pounds. CAn I be eating too much of this? Could it not be true that even though it's low carb, you have to watch the calories? I'm so confused :help:. even Dr. Atkins says in his book that I should never be hungry. Am I supposed to be eating mayonnaise (egg salad) during induction? I know I have alot of questions but boy I really want this to work for me. I don't want to get discouraged and give up. One last thing...I downloaded the weight ticker. How do I get into it to update it.

Thanks Everyone for being here. Don't know if I could make it with out all of your support.

Take Care,
Robin