PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

nitu82
Wed, Jan-18-06, 21:35
My name is nitu, I started atkins on Jan 3, 2006. I've tried it before but never stuck to it. I gained about 30 pounds in 2 years without even noticing it. Then I had an awakening when I went to the doctor. In 2 Years I went from 125 - 160. When I started atkins on Jan 3 of this year I weighed 165, as of today I am down to 157. My goal is to get back to 120, so we'll see how that goes!

SidC
Thu, Jan-19-06, 00:14
Hi Nitu, welcome aboard! Glad that you're here, and happy that you're trying Atkins out.

30 lbs in two years without noticing - makes me think immediately about thyroid, though. Have you had your TSH tested?

bob2112
Thu, Jan-19-06, 06:02
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your losses so far.

nitu82
Thu, Jan-19-06, 08:26
HI, I thought it was thyroid also, but when I went to the doctor he said that my thyroid was fine. I knew I was gaining weight, but I didn't realize how much.

GunaB130
Thu, Jan-19-06, 09:28
Welcome!!!! :wave: This WOE is the best and works so well when followed correctly which is easy!!! Good Luck! & This place is so great. :thup:

Peachies
Thu, Jan-19-06, 09:35
Welcome! :wave: Congrats on making a change in your life for the better, you will be surprised at how many areas of your life Atkins effects, and in a good way too. Good luck!