PDA

View Full Version : Meat and egg fast?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

bigmomma04
Wed, Jan-18-06, 13:29
Could someone tell me more about the meat and egg fast? Does it help you lose pounds quickly? How much eggs and meat can you eat? Is it any type of meat? I really want to try it but I do not know much about it so any info would help.

bigmomma04
Wed, Jan-18-06, 13:40
How long can u stay on it? And can you have sausage and ground beef?

egnue
Wed, Jan-18-06, 14:11
RULES FOR THE 3 DAY EXPERIMENT! READ THOROUGHLY!

• Protein only (lean for best results)
• Skip unnecessary fats like cheese and cream
• Skip alcohol (yes, all forms!)
• Skip junk protein like pepperoni and pork rinds
• Drink diet beverages and plain coffee & tea as desired
• Use artificial sweeteners as desired
• No calorie counting
• No cheating (it's 3 days!)
• Eat a Centrum type vitamin each day

Here is a link to a ton of threads on it. I did it way to long but broke a stall and had success with it. Feel free to leave me any questions in my journal. I would love to help!
Gen

http://forum.lowcarber.org/search.php?searchid=861259&pp=25&page=1

bigmomma04
Wed, Jan-18-06, 14:18
Thanks thats helpful. So is it okay to have sausage, like scrambled eggs with scrambled sausage in it as your meat?

egnue
Wed, Jan-18-06, 14:31
Yes, but the less amount of salty meats you eat the more you will lose.

Drink tons of water, at least 2 liters a day.

Also if you watch your calories you will have greater success.

Good luck!!

annasophia
Wed, Jan-18-06, 14:57
im having fun and success on the fat fast - much better than gross egg and meat all day - imagine the constipation??

Jen B
Wed, Jan-18-06, 15:54
I had no constipation on the meat and egg fast. I felt fantastic! There's a huge thread on the Triple Digit Club forum. Lots of interaction that's really hopping, and has been going on for months.

Junyabell
Thu, Jan-19-06, 12:12
I agree with Jen - I don't get constipated either, especially if I eat enough fat. Things move right along!