PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone, I'm Melissa

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

MMiller26
Tue, Jan-17-06, 15:34
I'm Melissa...a 26 year old stay-at-home mom from Toronto, Ontario Canada. I started dieting Feb 17, 2005 at 315 lbs. On a low(er) carb diet, I lost 75 lbs, and then switched to Atkins. As of this morning, I've lost 91 lbs. I'm hoping to reach 100 lbs gone by the anniversary of my start date, Feb 17, 2006. That's not too far away! I still have more to go to reach my goal of 150, but I know I can get there.

I've been reading this forum for a while, but only recently registered and joined the discussions. Everyone here is such an inspiration, and I'm happy to be among you.

foxgluvs
Tue, Jan-17-06, 15:38
Hi Melissa!! Nice to meet you - you've done really well so far ,way to go!
:) Hope you get settled in to the boards well.
Good luck with the weight loss to hit your target of the year marker :)

MMiller26
Tue, Jan-17-06, 15:42
Thanks foxgluvs. I appreciate the welcome!

bigmomma04
Tue, Jan-17-06, 15:48
Hey. I am a stay-at-home mom also. Wow you have done a spectacular job!!:) Keep it up and I am sure you will reach your goal in no time.

MMiller26
Tue, Jan-17-06, 15:55
Thanks bigmomma!
I decided I was going to get rid of this fat once and for all. I'm so glad I found this WOE.

wildchild
Tue, Jan-17-06, 16:04
[B] You have lost a lot of weight. when did you start atkins? Welcome from another new member! dixie :)

bob2112
Tue, Jan-17-06, 18:42
Welcome to the forums and congratulations on your success. Keep on trucking :)

julia333
Tue, Jan-17-06, 18:52
Welcome! It will be nice to see you here with us!

dcgoodin
Tue, Jan-17-06, 18:59
Welcome - and I wish you the best reaching your goal weight - You have done wonderfully so far - WOW :wave:

MMiller26
Wed, Jan-18-06, 07:31
Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

I started Atkins in the beginning of November, after doing a different low carb diet for most of the year. Lost 75 lbs with that, then switched because I wanted better meal choices. To date, I've lost 17 more pounds on Atkins. I'm pretty happy about that.