PDA

View Full Version : wildchild

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wildchild
Mon, Jan-16-06, 11:44
[SIZE=7][COLOR=RoyalBlue]

Hello. Wildchild is my 8 yr old grandson. He is definitely wild or was. He bounced off the furniture faster than we could so no. Has come off a lot of his asthma medicine and has settled down a lot.

I am a great grandmother who is bigger than I have ever been in my whole life...even bigger than before my first stomach surgery (lower gastric bypass in 1975) to lose weight. I weighed in then at 317. Took walking five miles a day and thyroid medicine for me to lose the first pound even after the surgery.

So here I am today trying to be a low carber. I started Atkins Christmas Day, lost 19.1 pounds in about 16 days, gained a little, and seem to be hanging.

low carber friend says hang in there.

I do not want to die fat. Have a serious non-life threatening health condition that limits my mobility.

Have family who need me. Instead I am partially dependent on them. I still work and drive. Need your help to keep me going. Thank you. Sheridan, AR

sLynng
Mon, Jan-16-06, 12:12
Hey Wildchilds Grandma.....LOL

The one good thing is you have already made the step to find the so important support......here on this forum the support is great. I am on South Beach and I recieve support from people doing all kinds of plans......

19lbs since Christmas is awsome.....great start..:)

Have you got your plan book? If not, that is the most important thing for you to do. Read it and get to know it well.

Also a journal is a great tool. I use mine to post my foods in and recieve feedback about them from the ones who have already had success and recieveing support from everyone here.

You can get a journal started by clicking.....Journal (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=172775)

Have a great day!

wildchild
Mon, Jan-16-06, 16:55
[B]sLynng: Thanks. I wish I had done what you did and not given my weight. Ugh! A friend here at work who lost a lot on Atkins last year clued me in to this forum. She is back on Atkins and lost 7 pounds this first week.

I have a journal at home. I write down everything I eat. But. I am stalled now. Look forward to learning a lot.

Looked at Southbeach. Very similar with some key differences. Do you get hungry or crave no nos?

sLynng
Mon, Jan-16-06, 17:33
Since eating clean...I really havnt craved any "no-nos"......but I know that here and there I will have them....I guess I will just try to be prepared.

sLynng
Tue, Jan-17-06, 08:29
http://www.theholidayspot.com/mayday/new/sun_icon.gifHope you have a great day!

JAnn
Tue, Jan-17-06, 12:12
Wildchild, welcome to the forum. There are a lot of great people here and by "talking" to them you will find out that weight loss is a lifelong journey. You will have weeks when you lose a lot, weeks when you lose a little, and weeks when you won't lose anything. You will fall doen and then get get back up again. It is all a part of learning a new lifestyle know as WOL. Share your journey with us and let us share ours with you.

Bye the bye, there is section for us over fifties where we get to know one another and share our "ageless" problems. Perhaps I shall meet you there.

wildchild
Wed, Jan-18-06, 08:48
[B]Thanks for the tip about the "ageless" place. I will start looking for you there! dixie

Dennis C
Wed, Jan-18-06, 09:11
Hello Wildchild's grandma! You are doing great, just stay with it. Make sure you drinks lots of water (if you aren't already).

I too have grandkids -- don't you wish we had their energy :-)

Good luck on your endeavor - I know you/we can do it, especially with the help of the great folks on this Message-Board.....

wildchild
Wed, Jan-18-06, 09:50
[B]Thanks for all the encouragement. I have one great grand also. Grands and great grands or wonderful. So, thanks. I need you. You know that old country song, "Help me make it through the night!"? I made it through the night. HOpe there are many more nights I make it without breaking it! lol

dawninHI
Wed, Jan-18-06, 12:04
God Luck and God Bless you!!! Keep moving and stay focused!

sLynng
Fri, Jan-20-06, 08:12
http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/files/7/9/5/5/8/RA-DaffodilOnFence-GREETINGS.gif
Hope you have a great weekend!!