PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone :wave:

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

K-Louise
Sat, Dec-22-01, 15:28
Hi everyone,

My name is Kim. Well, its Kim-Louise really (the nickname that has come is K-Lou). I live in Sydney, Australia, on a beach just north of the city.

I am on day five of induction and am doing great. Have lost 7.5 pounds so far (yahoooo). I'm finding it so great. I love this WOE (way of eating). I have studied up on this so much, and read so many threads on forums that I feel there is no way i can't succed at losing these 100 pounds. These forums are a fantastic support, and I hope going forward I can be of as much help to you all as you no doubt will be to me. I'm so psyched about this I'm even thinking of doing a website of my own to keep track of my progress and maybe help some other local folk with it. Low-carb it not so big in Australia, and there are not too many resources available to us. So if any of you can help with that, then fantastic!

Anyway, enough from me by way of introduction. I hope you guys don't mind if I post a lot. I have a feeling this will help me.

Thank you all
K-Lou

alto
Sat, Dec-22-01, 15:32
Welcome, K-Lou! Post away :) There are quite a few Australians here, so I hope you'll find some buddies.

You're off to a terrific start and have an equally terrific attitude -- you'll do fine!

You're welcome to start a Journal here so you can keep track of your progress -- and others can eavesdrop for inspiration and suggestions :)

bushong6
Sat, Dec-22-01, 15:50
So should I call you Kim or K-Lou? ;) K-Lou is cute! Just wanted to say hello from a fellow newbie. I am so happy to hear that you will be posting a lot. I know that I will likely be doing the same and that it will help me tremendously. It will keep me focused!

It's so encouraging to hear how well you are doing and feeling on induction since I haven't started just yet. I hope I am doing as great as you are when I do! :)

K-Louise
Sat, Dec-22-01, 16:22
You'll do great Shauna. I see we have pretty much the same stats! When are you planning on starting?

P.S. You can call me whatever you like :) I'm used to getting called all kinds of things (wink).

K-Lou

alto
Sat, Dec-22-01, 16:43
To both of you, when you're exploring the forums, I hope you notice the Countdown clubs. There's a Countdown to 275 thread -- sometimes it is helpful to be with those in the same range, in addition to interacting with everyone on the other forums :)

EllieEats
Sat, Dec-22-01, 16:59
Welcome K-Lou!!!!
You are doing terrific!! :thup: :thup:
Post all you want !!! It does help so much to stay connected to everyone here. I'm sure you'll see that we have a bunch of friendly, helpful people--- any questions, just ask!
You're right, there is all kinds of helpful info in posts already here!
Please start a journal here so we can all benefit.
Happy LoCarbing!!
Ellie :wave:

razzle
Sat, Dec-22-01, 17:53
welcome kim! How nice that you've found the board and a system of support. Coming here once or twice a day, reading and responding really helps keep me on track, especially during those tough times.

A website is a great idea! start with any of the great basic LC sites that have links (do a search for "low carb links") to find dozens of personal stories sites--you'll see what's out there and get some other good ideas....and, I hope, be inspired!

emcqueen
Sat, Dec-22-01, 19:58
Hiya, Kim
I live way out in Sydney's west. :wave: :wave: :wave:
I have recently been in contact with Sasmmiejam who lives near you and is going to be very happy to have a buddie close to her. I will write immediately... .if not sooner She is great fun and will enjoy getting in contact with you. Check her out.....she has a journal under the name of Sammiejam...Sammies journal(I think). :daze:
:Party: :Party: :daze:
Welcome aboard!!!!!
Liz

bushong6
Sat, Dec-22-01, 20:53
K-Lou,

Yes, we do pretty much have the same stats so it will be lots of fun dropping the pounds together, won't it?! :yay:

As for when I am going to start... I am going to go shopping for no/low-carb foods on January 10th. Why wait that long? Well, I am an addict to doing all that I can to lead a frugal existance (I belong to FrugalMoms.com) and I have my kitchen stocked with all sorts of high-carb foods that I have gotten on sale or for free by using coupons and/or rebates. :rolleyes: Hubby has asked me not to buy anything we don't "need" with our next paycheck so we can make sure we have everything paid that we need to pay before the year ends. So, our next payday after that is January 10th. (Is this making sense?! :daze: ) That is the day that I will take all our food that is not "Atkins-worthy" (is that a term? ;) ) and donate it. I'll go grocery shopping, still trying to be as frugal as I can with coupons and sales :D , and I will stock our kitchen with the right foods. :)

Are you sorry you asked now?! :lol: