PDA

View Full Version : Back on Atkins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Fidora
Fri, Jan-13-06, 22:31
Hello Everyone!

Well, I am so glad to find everyone in the same boat as I am. I was on Atkins a few years ago and it is the absolute best diet I have ever tried. I never really had to lose that much weight, maybe ten or twelve pounds and then maintain that, but Atkins worked for me. However, for one reason or another, I "fell off the wagon". Now that I just celebrated my 42nd birthday on January 9th, that is the day I began my induction once again. I am a single mom of a teenage son who is my rock, my life and my angel. He always tells me I look great, but at my last physical on January 6, I weighed in at 163 - a number I personally did not like (and haven't seen since I was 4 months pregnant!) I am 5'8, but when I was on Atkins two years ago, I went from 156 to 145, I felt great, I looked great (my legs actually looked longer!!!!!) and I slid into size 10 jeans I haven't worn since high school. I want to feel that again, so here I am! I don't have too far to go, but those last 10 or so pounds are the hardest to lose. All of you are my inspiration. I am glad you are here! :D

bkloots
Sat, Jan-14-06, 09:48
Hi, Fidora. It really doesn't matter that you don't have much to lose, as compared to 100 or more lbs. I turned to Atkins after I lost 50 lbs. on low-cal/low-fat because low-carb is a sustainable way of eating. I've been at maintenance since April, and I feel more confident than ever that I won't be regaining and losing those same 20 or 30 lbs. over and over.

Best wishes.
Barbara

bob2112
Sun, Jan-15-06, 07:09
Welcome to the forums.

Betsy-StL
Thu, Jan-26-06, 20:48
Welcome back Fidora :wave:

nikkil
Sun, Jan-29-06, 14:34
http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/files/1/8/6/4/2/Welcome.jpg

sassy03
Sun, Jan-29-06, 14:40
Welcome and Wish you all the best! :wave:

Trinigirl
Sun, Jan-29-06, 14:59
Hi Fidora,

Welcome to the forum, I am 5'9" and started 15 weeks ago at 178lbs. So we are in the same boat.
You can do this also.
Drop by my Journal any time you need to talk.
Warmest Regards,
Joy

Fidora
Mon, Jan-30-06, 21:36
Thank you, Thank you everyone! I am glad to be back! And I am not leaving anytime soon! I am so glad you are all here with me, too. The last time I was on Atkins, I seemed to be all alone, but this time, I have all of you for support!

scrapbookr
Wed, Feb-01-06, 15:40
welcome to the forum :)