PDA

View Full Version : Hello, new here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

David C
Fri, Jan-13-06, 16:57
Hello,

Let me introduce myself. My name is David, and I live in southern California. I've always had a weight issue, was even born a large baby. Well, a couple years ago, when I was 28 and still living in Kentucky, I began looking into the military as a possible future, after going to the doctor and finding out that dispite the weight, I'm extremely healthy.

So in an attempt to enlist, I began dieting, specifically using low carb dieting, though not following any specific plan. I also started going to the gym daily. I started off weighing over 330lbs, and got down to about 300lbs. Never did break the 300lb mark however.

Then financial issues happened, I stopped going to the gym on a regular basis, stopped my diet, had to go with 'cheap' foods to last... then I moved to California, near my wife's family, and well, I've been trying, for the past 2 years now, to get back to where I was. It didn't help that last year I hurt my back and ended up gaining weight... around 378 was the largest I had reached. I only reached that high once before in my life, and then I gave up regular pepsi for diet pepsi and lost nearly 50lbs just by doing that.

I still desire, more than anything, to enlist in the military. I know my age will stand against me, given that I'm 30 now, but I know I can still do it. However, I still haven't managed to get back onto my diet and exercise routine, and stick with it, and right now I'm hovering around 365lbs.

The most success I've had recently was a few months back, when I was on Atkins Induction for about a month...went from 378 to 358 in about 4 weeks. Then I fell off the wagon again. Disgruntled I started researching into the Paleo diets, liking what I saw in them, but unable to lose any significant weight following The Paleo Diet, because I think I was eating too many fruits, bananas, apples and pairs to be specific, multiple times a day.

So how I'm going to go back to Atkins for the induction, and try and use it with what I've learned from The Paleo Diet and NeanderThin, perhaps combining the two.

Well, thats pretty much why I'm here, to look for new ideas, seek advice, see how others are doing, etc etc...

emily30
Fri, Jan-13-06, 17:49
Welcome David! :wave:

Wishing you the greatest success! This an incredibly supportive site!

locarbbarb
Fri, Jan-13-06, 17:56
I still desire, more than anything, to enlist in the military. I know my age will stand against me, given that I'm 30 now, but I know I can still do it.

Yes, you can! Welcome to this forum, and best wishes for your success!