PDA

View Full Version : Salad Dressing, ok with 1g sugar?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jeff-az
Fri, Jan-13-06, 12:16
I don't have much time or patience to try creating salad dressings from scratch other than oil and vinegar, but I've become much more sensitive to the nutrition label on store bought dressings. My favorite dressings are Litehouse Ranch and Bluecheese, and am now trying Maries Ranch and Bluecheese. It seems difficult to find any dressings with less than 1g carbs and/or 1g sugars, although Newman's Own Caesars has 0g sugar. I'm not concerned about 1g carbs but the sugar can add up.

Is this 1gm sugar going to hurt me, especially in induction? I typically have a 3 cup salad with dinner and use any of the above dressings, and I sometimes use Ranch with grilled chicken at lunch or dinner so I feel I'm consuming a couple grams of sugar every day. I'm still losing about .5 pound per day on induction but seems like I could be doing better. Anyway, I really prefer to have a large salad with dinner every night and need the dressing. Is this hurting me, is anyone finding good dressings with no sugars?

LiveWell
Fri, Jan-13-06, 13:52
You cant hardly get much better than that - those are excellent for us for salads. There are special carb free ones out there for about $3 and up per bottle, kraft and another one that i cant think of at the moment are the ones we have around here in our grocery. Im sure you can find some online also to buy.

Kristine
Fri, Jan-13-06, 15:38
There's probably more sugar in the vegetables you're pouring it on. :)

jeff-az
Fri, Jan-13-06, 17:19
Thanks for the replys. I feel better about 1g sugar salad dressings now. :) I was under the impression I had to avoid any and all sugar, period.

zorra_1
Sat, Jan-14-06, 08:14
I was under the impression I had to avoid any and all sugar, period.

I find it's very difficult for me to do that. So many things I eat (bacon, deli meats, salad dressing, mayo,...) contain sugar, but since it's near the end of the list and usually less than 2 grams per servings, I don't sweat it.