PDA

View Full Version : salad dressings

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ktdidit
Fri, Jan-13-06, 10:00
hi everyone. i'm just starting on the adkins diet. i want to know about the salads & salad dressings you can use. i'm not big on dry salad.

tie_guy
Fri, Jan-13-06, 10:14
Most normal salad dressings are very low in carbs. Stay away from the low-fat ones as they usally put in sugar or corn syrup instead of the fat.

Just look at the label most normal salad dressing have 1-2 grams of carbs per servings. Every once in a while you can even find dressings made for low carb dieters. In those cases they take out what (very little) sugar that they put in regular dressing and put in splenda instead. Again you are probably only saving 1 gram or so of carbs.

I am guilty of using WAY to much dressing on my salad. I just like salad with a lot of dressing. I don't think that hidden carbs in dressing has ever made me stall.

ktdidit
Fri, Jan-13-06, 10:17
thanks for the reply. i to like alot of salad dressing. i really want this to work for me.

bkloots
Fri, Jan-13-06, 10:17
If you're going to use the ATKINS (Not ADkins) plan, you must get a copy of the book, Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution. Read it from cover to cover, and then bookmark the pages for the rules of Induction.

This will answer your question, and almost every other question for Atkins beginners.

Just to be nice: you can use any regular bottled salad dressing that has fewer than 2 carbs per serving (about 2 TBS usually). Blue cheese, creamy caesar, and ranch usually qualify. French, Honey Mustard, and Catalina styles do not. A salad is about 2 cups of dark, leafy greens, plus allowed veggies like cucumber, mushroom, celery, and green pepper.

ktdidit
Fri, Jan-13-06, 10:19
thank you again

julia333
Sat, Jan-14-06, 12:02
Marie's Blue Cheese is great and has 0 carbs 0 sugar

RickinTN
Sat, Jan-14-06, 12:04
I don't eat dressing myself. But, my wife does. Just read the labels and get the one lowest in net carbs.