PDA

View Full Version : Hey Gang

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

chipmunk
Thu, Jan-12-06, 21:44
I am new to the net, but not to dieting. In 2002-03 I lost 43 lbs on LC dieting of 55 carbs daily. Then I came to a standstill and keep gaining and loosing the same 8 lbs. The Dr. wants me on 60 carbs daily as I am on insulin. I have and use Dr. Atkins diabetic revolution book and the one the heart he wrote. ( I can't figure out how to start a new paragraph on the next line so i will just go on.) Recently I have been searching the net to find a group that I feel could help me and one perhaps I can help .W.hen I saw the 1 yr. committment page, I knew I have found a home. Any room for 1 more. We'll off to get some laundry going and then off to bed. -- chipmunk -- say those smilies are cute - how do I use them?

sirlarry
Thu, Jan-12-06, 22:15
Welcome aboard, lots of love and support here. :wave:

nissa
Thu, Jan-12-06, 22:18
Welcome!!! I felt the same way when I found this site. Good luck! :D

rirby
Fri, Jan-13-06, 01:09
Welcome! Glad your here!

bob2112
Fri, Jan-13-06, 05:11
Welcome to the forums, always room for one more :)

pdxcutie
Fri, Jan-13-06, 07:43
Welcome to the board. You sound like you have a lot of good advice to give. Since, you are already familiar with LCing and know it works you are already on the road to weight loss sucess. I would recommend starting a journal its very therapeutic. :clap:

chipmunk
Fri, Jan-13-06, 22:52
I just realized that my posting of today went who knows where. As I mentioned I am very new to the net and have basically no idea what I am doing. Thanks again to all who sent me messages. I sure appreciated it. Right now I am exhausted, I have been on the net for about 4 hours and one would never bellieve it when it is seen how little I truly have accomplished. But tomorrow my son and family will be coming over and hope we have time to address the issues of my complete lack of knowledge of the net. I getting to wonder what it harder, expressing myself on the net or trying to stick to my diet for a day. Oh well tomorrow will be better. Take care Chipmunk

nissa
Sat, Jan-14-06, 06:37
After you press the reply button at bottom (and near the top I think) button, you should be able to reply to the thread aka conversation. Near your text box are several smilies you can chose from. Just click on one and it will appear! I hope that helps.

Ask away, we're here to help.