PDA

View Full Version : Please read - will this work for me?

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

wrkngrl
Thu, Jan-12-06, 10:58
Hi everyone! I'm interested in starting this low carb WOL because I feel bad after eating carbs- no energy, tired, crabby, craving more carbs. I also would like to lose 8 lbs. I'm currently 5'3" and 123 and would like to be 115 and tone! Do you think this is the right way to go or is this more for people who have lots of weight to lose? I appreciate any advice~ Thanks!

bkloots
Thu, Jan-12-06, 13:54
Eating healthy food is good for everyone. It might be that Protein Power is a good lifetime plan for you. Go right ahead.

However, based on your self-description, it sounds to me like what you need is an exercise program. You are already at a perfectly good weight for your height, but if you feel flabby or fat, it might be because your muscles need work. Get thee to a gym, or a trainer, or a book that will teach you how to gain muscle strength, endurance, and shape. You'll burn calories, too.