PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone I'm new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Brandon70
Tue, Jan-10-06, 10:49
Hello All,

Just started the Atkins diet this past Sunday and am halfway through reading the book (yellow paperback). I guess this will be day three and all is going fairly well. Looking for support from others - not sure I will make it through two weeks of this, but am somewhat hopefull. Question to experienced others? Will it help weight loss if I restrict even more carbs than the Induction 20? That is... only eat small amounts of protein and nothing else for two weeks. Today's breakfast was two sausage patties, a bratworst and two eggs. It actually was not all that bad.

EXLarge
Tue, Jan-10-06, 10:58
Brandon,

Welcome and best of luck. This is my 3rd trip down this road, and hopefully my last, but it's actually the easiest program I've tried. You just have to make it happen in your head. You haven't taken the best first step and that is to read the book.

Should you reduce carbs to loose faster. First of all let me caution you. This is not a race. If you make it a race and your just doing this to loose weight fast, 9 times out of 10, you'll be back over and over. I'm talking from experience. If your going to do this, do it right. Limiting your carbs is not going to take more weight off, at least not at a healthy rate. 2 weeks seems like a long time, but it goes by quickly and you'll appreciate the initial sacrafice.

One thing that helped me tremendously is to start a journal to write down what I eat daily, that way, if you stall or don't loose you have something to reference back to. It will also track your mental progress as well if you choose to. Theres a lot more that goes into your weight besides food!

OK I'll shut up now. I wish you the best, you can make this happen.

Brandon70
Tue, Jan-10-06, 11:06
EXLarge,

Thanks for the advice; keeping a journal of daily consumption is most likely a good idea.

bob2112
Tue, Jan-10-06, 18:17
Welcome aboard.

sirlarry
Tue, Jan-10-06, 18:24
Welcome, Welcome, Welcome :wave: glad you are here