PDA

View Full Version : Hello - New in '03! But forgot LOL.

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Sage_03
Mon, Jan-09-06, 20:32
Hello there!

I went to sign up and found out I was already a member back in '03 but didn't post. A little depressing since my profile said I weighed 143 then! Anyway, I'm now down to 163...that shocks me everytime I think about it!

Won't be offended if I'm told to go someplace else (suggestions though?) as I'm not even sure what diet I'm following...I would say closest to Paleo? I have tried both Atkins and fasting with very little success personally. I have the metabolism of a rock! I've been eating mostly fruits & veggies and some meat. Trying to stay away from bread and pasta as those never fail to pack on the pounds. I make fruit smoothies in the morning with just frozen fruit and juice and this seems to make me a lot less hungry later on in the day! I never used to eat breakfast but it really does make a difference. I also took over the chore (now blessing) of walking the dog for 40 - 60 min. a day. Exercize is key for me.

Like many others, Jan 1st was my start date. There were a few major factors that lead up to this commitment...my wedding band is getting too snug on my finger, have been noticing joint issues (sore knees & ankles) and most of all that disapproving comments from family! :tears: Luckily my husband is wonderful and has never said anything hurtful.

Well on my way as I lost 7 lbs last week! I was aiming for 2-3 so I'm thrilled.

Sorry this is long-winded. Just really looking for a place for support. Thanks!!!

dcgoodin
Mon, Jan-09-06, 21:05
Hi Sage

Welcome and congratulations on your success so far this year!!!!

My husband is also so very wonderful - he truly loves me for who I am - glad you have that in your relationship too :)

julia333
Mon, Jan-09-06, 23:44
welcome.... I know you will find great support and wopnderful people here...just like I have!!!! ((((((hugs))))))

Enomarb
Tue, Jan-10-06, 06:51
Hi Sage-
welcome back. Why don't you go and look at all the different plans, and see what looks like it will fit for you. I don't know if Paleo would have a fruit and juice smoothie in the morning. That is all sugar. It sounds lke eating breakfast is a good thing for you. Good luck-
E

bob2112
Tue, Jan-10-06, 06:53
Welcome back onboard and congratulations on your success so far in 2006. Keep up the good work.

Sage_03
Tue, Jan-10-06, 12:57
Thanks for the welcomes!

I changed my profile as I see the paleo people don't eat fruit and this is something I eat everyday. I remember when on Atkins induction, fruit was something that I felt was healthy but not included...until later when you get to eat berries. BTW - I think Atkins was one of the very few who actually knew something about nutrition...and many I know lost A LOT of weight with his diet...I didn't though (and I didn't cheat once) as I think I was one of those difficult metabolism ones listed in one of his chapters.

Regardless, the only way I'm going to stick with this long term is if I eat fruit...so fruit it is. Anyway, I guess I can just do my own plan since it is working for me so far and I'm not hungry. I guess I'll call it the natural, no tampered with diet. I don't eat anything with chemicals or man made substances as they always turn out to be unheathy (ie aspartame, margarine). Works for me.

Once again - thank you for the welcome and I hope to get to know you better!