PDA

View Full Version : New with big goals!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Pezali
Sat, Jan-07-06, 20:10
Hello,
I'm 5'6" and 174 pounds (most leftover baby weight). I was 148 before getting pregnant but the baby is almost 6 months now and I'm feeling really depressed about my weight. I've been dieting but need faster progress to stay on track. My goal is 125, which I was within the last 5 years.
I was on Atkins after college and went from 180 to 150 in a month. I kept it off for years of just normal eating (and lifting weights). I'm hoping for this sort of progress again!
I love hearing success stories!

ArmyWife05
Sat, Jan-07-06, 21:44
Welcome to the boards and good luck with your diet! Don't feel bad hon, my daughter is almost 11 months old and I still have a ways to go to get my baby weight off!

Good luck, you can do it and I am always here if you want to talk...I know how hard it is to lose baby weight!!

bob2112
Sat, Jan-07-06, 22:12
Welcome to the forums and good luck on your journey.

minimom
Sat, Jan-07-06, 23:54
dear Pezali; welcome to this wonderful site! i had two babies in 14 months at almost 40 years of age and i gained over 100 pounds! i lost it slowly trying everything until i tried Atkins and everything fell into place. remember though that the wayward tater tot left on your childs plate can be wasted. i had a terrible habit of eating the sundry leftovers on both childrens plates without even realizing i was putting food in my mouth. take your baby to the park or on a walk every day. walking really helped me when i just didnt have time or energy to go to the gym or even excersize at home. i walked everywhere, to the market, to the bank etc. and in my town those places are several miles from my home so i got a good workout, took my kids out and ran errands all at once. take a really good vitamin too. you need all the energy you can get. good luck and cheer up. i know how easy it is to get depressed about the weight you gained but it will come off. don't ever give up!

Pezali
Sun, Jan-08-06, 05:43
I can already tell the support here will be very helpful. My "diet" begins today. I'll keep everyone updated!

ArmyWife05
Sun, Jan-08-06, 15:22
Good luck, you can do it!!!