PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

quicksand
Thu, Jan-05-06, 15:10
:q: I am new here,hope this is the right place.My DR. says to find me a Low Carb. diet and just do it.Well i'm not sure which one to" just do."Please somebody help.I weight 185 now ,need to lose at least down to 125.I am 4' 10 in. tall,lol.Thanks to any one for help.Don't know which diet ,or where to start.

cnmLisa
Thu, Jan-05-06, 15:15
Look at the top of the page and click on the "plans" title--this will give you a comparison of different low carb options out there.

And if I may add...lucky you to have a doctor that supports low carbing. Good Luck in your journey. don't over think the process. One pearl of advice--I would suggest that when you start a plan (any plan) stay with it for at least 3 months before you decide if you like it or not. Good luck on your journey!!

Lisa

quicksand
Thu, Jan-05-06, 15:21
Thanks for the quick reply.What diet are you doing?Low Carb is really confusing to me right now.

julia333
Thu, Jan-05-06, 16:46
Hi I'm doing Atkins and like it very much and find it easy to follow...review the plans at the top of the page.

spiroll
Fri, Jan-06-06, 01:44
I just wanted to say welcome! A big part of a low carb diet is support - I learned that the hard way! :) Coming here has been helpful to me. I lost a lot of weight on Atkins a few years ago, but gained it back because of a lot of life stressors...so I KNOW this diet works. My doctor - a cardiologist actually - suggested this diet to me.

It was really important to me to read the book Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolution - (DANDR) - because it explains so much about the how of low-carbing. I had so many questions, and it answered almost all of them.

Good luck! :)

bob2112
Fri, Jan-06-06, 05:12
Welcome to the forums and best wishes.

bkloots
Fri, Jan-06-06, 06:03
Welcome to a good place for information and encouragement. I agree that you are fortunate to have a Dr. who supports LC. Be sure to have a complete blood profile done, so you can see the improvements you'll be making from the inside out. And take measurements, because the tape measure will be a better indicator of progress than the scales.

As for what plan? See the info on this site. A good book is "The Secret to Low Carb Success" by Laura Richard. Check the library. This book compares several low-carb plans.

I think Atkins is the simplest, and Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution--known around here as DANDR--is my bible. After 3 years, I still keep that book within arm's reach.

Best wishes.

danabear
Fri, Jan-06-06, 16:28
I'm with you- still wavering on which diet to choose. So far Atkins but all I want is more veggies! (never thought I'd say that)

Beth58
Fri, Jan-06-06, 17:15
I have tried to put the Tinker Factory weight chart but with no success? Think it cheers you up to see your weight loss.

thanks

NewPhoenix
Sat, Jan-07-06, 00:26
Hello and welcome! :wave:
I myself am a Protein Power girl. I am not familiar with atkins or SBD. I do like that in the initial phase of PP I can eat whatever non-starchy veggies, berries or melon (not watermelon)etc. I want as long as I don't go over 7-10 g of carbs per meal/snack and no more than 30-40 g carbs per day. Works for me :D (This is an extreme oversimplification :))
Caveat: Please read a synopsis of the different plans then pick one and read the book. If it is not for you, there are plenty of others!

quicksand
Sun, Jan-08-06, 13:33
Thanks for all the support.I have read the Atkins Diet Book and the South Beach Book.I don't understand the "ketone" thing -a-ma- gig in the atkins book.The South Beach sounds good,any thoughts on it?And many thanks again.