PDA

View Full Version : Here again

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Latte
Tue, Jan-03-06, 13:29
This is a second time around for me. I'm going to restart dieting again for the New Year. I'm determined this time to make things work. DH is going to diet with me, however, he is not going to do much of the LC; however, I am. I am going to dive into the SBD starting on Wednesday. I have yet to get to the library to get a book about it, or LC again to read more about how to do it all the proper way without screwing it up this time. :p :help:

My weight gain is due to a medical issue. I've gained weight due to a medication that I take. It stinks because I'm normally a thin person. Unfortunately, I have struggled with an eating disorder throughout most of my life. I've read where LC help maintain regular eating habits, and that is something I need in my life. Right now my weight is slightly over what it should be for my weight range and that is very upsetting to me. I've never weighed this much before in my life, though I have body dysformative head issues, I can't change that. I wish I could but it is something that I battle every day.

Exercise. This is something that I spuratically have done in the past. Now I'm going to the Y regularly again 3-5 times a week and doing yoga and pilates 3 times a week again. It feels good. And, drinking lots of water.

My weight has been mostly thin through my life except for the past 5-6 years. When I was placed on Prozac and Paxil I gained 30 pounds. Then I struggled to lose the weight. With diet and exercise I lost the weight. Then I went thorugh infertility treatments only to gain another 15 pounds back. That was horrible. I never lost the weight. I ended up gaining more due to stress. I was later dx'd with Bipolar Disorder and put on lots of meds for that. One of the meds helped me lose some weight, about 25 pounds; however, then I was put on another that made me gain it all back and then some. Go figure! So, here I am again with more weight to lose. ugh!

Anyway, that is my story. Thanks for listening...

Latte the Coffeegirl

sarar
Mon, Jan-09-06, 18:40
Meds are a double edged sword. I am a Type 1 diabetic on an insulin pump. I have genetic depression--has been cyclical since I was 14...I'm 46 years old, now. Talk with your p-doc about your symptoms...there may be alternatives. In any case, LC is the ONLY way I can lose weight, and I lose slowly. I've been very careful for 18 months and have lost 60 pounds. Try not to let this get you down. Accept the things you cannot change...pray for the ability to change the things you can and the wisdom to tell the difference. Peace, Sara<><

julia333
Mon, Jan-09-06, 19:03
welcome to the forums!!!

bob2112
Mon, Jan-09-06, 19:29
Welcome aboard.

Latte
Tue, Jan-10-06, 16:05
Hi Everyone.... Thanks for your responses. You are all so kind and I'm grateful for your welcomes.

Sara: It must be very difficult to be on an insulin pump every day. I cannot imagine what that would be like. Being diabetic is something that is hard, as both my grandmothers had it, and they each had to monitor it with insulin shots and by watching their diets. So, I can see why the LC diet would help benefit your body a lot. Does it help you feel better?

I have bipolar II disorder and an eating disorder. The eating disorder has been manifested way back from when I was 13, and is in remission but creeps up on me with triggers every so often throughout the year. I used to battle it all day, every day. It was horrid. That is a mental issue which is caused by the mania/depression from the Bipolar Disorder. When I get manic or depressed it causes the ED to slip into effect, so I my meds have to be just right to make sure that doesn't happen. And, my meds are doing just right- only they have caused me to gain weight without even trying. One of my meds has awful side effects. It is one that helps both mania and the bulimia; but due to how well it subsides the bulimia, I'm afraid to go off of it. The bulimia was so worse than the side effects I have decided that I'm willing to stay on it; lowering my cognative abilities. Give and take.

Well, I had better get back to helping my sons and their reading lessons. I'll keep my attitude up and take things for what they are worth. Thanks for the pep talk. :)

Latte