PDA

View Full Version : Re-Start...AGAIN

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

divvy
Tue, Jan-03-06, 09:24
Well here I am again....Start of a new year, starting my diet again. I began Atkins a few years ago and did really well with it. For the most part I lost about 50 pounds or so. Being single seemed to help me lose weight better than having someone in my life...go figure! :lol: Maybe being single I needed to lose the weight so I could be more attractive to men, and now that I'm with someone I feel safer and could retreat back to my old eating habits? Hmm..I dunno. All I know is this time last year I was 45 lbs. lighter than I am now! :help: I am going on a 3 day cruise in the middle of February and figured I better kick my butt in to gear now!!! So anyway, I'm back and hopefully for good this time. Happy New Year to all and I wish you much success!! This place is great! :thup:

boodeb
Tue, Jan-03-06, 11:38
Hello, i notice you are from New Jersey, so am i..i live outside of Trenton...I am also starting again, and as with you i am alot heavier now than at this time lat year..my last go with atkins i was doing it with a friend..she has also backslid..and i wasn`t waiting around for her this time, thats why i join this group, i have been here for 5 days now and i`ve gotten some great ideas and support when needed..Enjoy the road ahead

dpionk
Tue, Jan-03-06, 11:40
Welcome back, I am restarting also. I planned to a few weeks ago but I blew it. So yesterday when I woke up I said enough! I did really goodfor the first day, I am just going to take it one day at a time!! Good luck!

divvy
Tue, Jan-03-06, 14:56
Thanks for the encouragement it is much needed. Fortunately I got my b/f to try this WOL as I found it to be so helpful in the past. I think we just fed each other's appetites for junk. lol :lol: Anyway, I started this morning, have been eating right all day and I know it's working as I have a screaming headache, fatigue, and crankiness. Good ol' first week Atkins Blues! :agree:

Latte
Tue, Jan-03-06, 15:01
I'm in the same boat as you divvy. I woke up today and went....WHOA!! What on earth happened from last year?!

Go on that cruise and enjoy yourself. Feel good about you and who you are every moment. Today is today and savor each day for what it is worth. There will be bumps, but it is how you handle those bumps that matters. :)

Keep posting and your goal in perspective. You can do it.

Take care!

Latte :rheart: