PDA

View Full Version : New Member flaxseed question

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

glogirl
Mon, Jan-02-06, 14:57
:wave:
Hi everyone - new member glogirl here with a question!
I take one 500mg metformin a day (in the afternoon). I have been reading about ground flaxseed and diabetes. I am not overweight, I just have a wierd system that for whatever reason does not use insulin (or possibly produce insulin) properly. Two siblings have the same problem - they are not overweight either. In fact, out of 9 siblings, we are the thinnest and the only ones that have this irregularity in our glucose! Go figure!
Question: I cannot find the answer to this on any internet site - hope you can help. Is there any bad interactions between flaxseed and metformin. The only thing I have found is that flaxseed should be taken 1 -2 hours before or after medications. Thanks everyone - and Happy, Blessed, New Year!!

JaneDough
Wed, Jan-04-06, 00:16
Sorry, I don't know the answer - but you'll probably find someone here who does. Welcome. :)

bob2112
Wed, Jan-04-06, 05:47
Welcome to the forums.