PDA

View Full Version : Induction HELP

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

jaymack247
Sun, Jan-01-06, 13:23
Hello all: Any tips for the induction phase that might help ie grocery shopping for the 2 weeks. :help: I'm just going to exercise in the morning and then have an atkins shake and a protein powder for breakfast net carbs 3.5 probably have eggs and bacon for lunch but for dinner so far thats a mystery to me . Any help is much appreciated

"The willingness to succeed is not nearly as important as the willingness to prepare " Bobby Knight :agree:

zorra_1
Sun, Jan-01-06, 18:49
As far as meal ideas, the recipe boards on here offer some great suggestions. I've also done searches for LC recipes elsewhere and come up with some great ideas.

This is a great site and it includes nutritional counts:
http://users3.ev1.net/~fontlady/index.html

scrapbookr
Sun, Jan-01-06, 21:47
happy new year! Welcome to the forum! :) I subscribe to a menu service that sends low carb dinner recipes and a shopping list each week!! I love it. check out the site for a free sample menu www.savingdiner.com It not ultra low low carb but vey workable and the variety it amazing! my DH likes its as well and he is not watching his weight.

UPMichigan
Sun, Jan-01-06, 22:25
The best ideas for shopping is to stick to the perimeter of the grocery store. That is where all the whole foods are located. Once you start down the aisles you are bound to be tempted by processed junk.

Dinner ideas are easy...cheeseburgers, alfredo chicken w/ broccoli, grilled fish and all types of salads come to mind. I have always been fond of tuna salad myself. The further you get into the program the easier it will be. Just think WHOLE foods and you will be on your way!

Summer