PDA

View Full Version : New member from england

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

carlh_uk
Tue, Dec-27-05, 05:39
hi everyone, im a 20 year old male student from bristol in england, uk

I have had a lot of trouble with my weight over the past few years, and recently found out that i am insulin resistant, and its pretty much impossible for me to loose any weight while eating carbs (and i feel like crap). so starting this low carb lifestyle is a new light for me as i feel great all the time.

i may be doing a slight variation of the diet from most people, as i do a lot of bodybuilding at the gym, and a bit of rugby. so with being on a lot of bodybuilding forums i found a variation of low carb diet called CKD. some of you may know what this is, but im simple terms its basically atkins with a carbup day each week. this is so your muscles dont waste away while lifting on straight atkins! hopefully there might be someone else following a similar plan?

anyways, nice to be here, i have been reading through posts for the last few days and picked up a lot of info, and hopefully i can share some of my experiances, maybe with bodybuilders or fellow uk members, or even with the many pretty ladies around here lol :D

thanks,

carl

Zuleikaa
Tue, Dec-27-05, 06:46
Welcome!!!!

Luck to you!!!

bob2112
Tue, Dec-27-05, 07:12
Welcome to the forums.

Stephbob
Tue, Dec-27-05, 07:48
Welcome! And for clarity, if you exercise properly while on Atkins, your muscles don't waste away. I know plenty of people who have successfully become bodybuilders from doing atkins :)

Good luck!

bsheets
Tue, Dec-27-05, 07:55
Welcome to the group! I can help you with the pretty ladies things but unfortunately you may need to switch hemispheres lol ... kidding, there are quite a lot of UK-ers around here too. How long have you been low carbing? When were you diagnosed with insulin resistance? I'm glad you're doing something about it :)

e

carlh_uk
Tue, Dec-27-05, 09:07
hi all, thanks for the warm welcome. i have been low carbing for about 5 - 6 weeks now, which has been going pretty well. i kinda slipped over xmas (oops)
but there was simply too much temptation around lol. beer is my weakness. i havent actually been diagnosed with insulin resistance, but just from experiances tryin many different diets, and eating very low calories, there was simply no wieght being lost. which was pretty annoying when i was doing cardio every day feeling like i was gona pass out i was so weak. anyways, as soon as i get on LC dieting, the weight is starting to come off.

does anyone actually use the chat on here? do u have meetings or anything on there? i think that wud b cool.

thanks again

carl

carlh_uk
Tue, Dec-27-05, 09:10
Welcome! And for clarity, if you exercise properly while on Atkins, your muscles don't waste away. I know plenty of people who have successfully become bodybuilders from doing atkins :)

Good luck!

hmm this is interesting, its just most people doing keto diets on the bodybuilding forums swear by the carb ups. im thinking of spacing the carb ups out more, maybe to like every 2 weeks. im trying to keep track of my bodyfat and lean mass to make sure im not loosing too much. thanks for the input, gives me a bit more confidence to space out the carb ups!