PDA

View Full Version : Starting today

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

willowmh
Sat, Dec-24-05, 23:01
:wave: I started back on Atkins today. I had been on it previously ( in 2000-2001) and lost about 30 lbs. My goal was in sight and I caved in. I am now back and at an all time high weight. I have to succed this time and I have to stay low carb for good.
I knew I needed to go back on low carb and had made the decision to do it January 1st, but I woke up in the very early hours this morning thinking about my weight and how unhappy about it I am and decided that it just didn't make sense to wait. Today was the day. :rose:
The last year has been a real eye opener, the last few months in particular. I am now a Type 2 Diabetic and my normal activities that I love cause my hip to hurt. The weight is impacting my life and it will only get worse unless I take back control.
I had been preparing to go back to a LC lifestyle and have been buying groceries with that in mind. I made a run to the store this a.m. and I am set.
I'm back on Low Carb and will get to goal this time. It doesn't matter how long it takes to get there as long as I am making progress. I am very insulin resitant so it will be a struggle( at least for a while) but I WILL get there this time!

Willowmh

Blondie888
Sun, Dec-25-05, 00:26
Hi and Welcome, Willowmh! I think it's great that you didn't wait until Jan. 1st to come aboard. This forum is a great place to get advice and support.

bsheets
Sun, Dec-25-05, 20:27
Welcome Willow!

willowmh
Sun, Dec-25-05, 21:16
Thanks for the warm welcome!

sassy03
Sun, Dec-25-05, 21:41
Welcome and Wish you great success.

bob2112
Mon, Dec-26-05, 06:55
Welcome aboard. Keep that positive attitude and you can make it happen!

bkloots
Mon, Dec-26-05, 07:14
That lifetime commitment is the real goal.

I'm headed for induction beginning in January, to refresh my commitment and get back on track. It's great to have a strategy that's both effective and enjoyable.

Best wishes.

RhondaK
Mon, Dec-26-05, 08:15
Welcome, Your stats and situation are almost identical to what mine were. I finally reached 201 pounds and got the diabetes diagnosis and back to Atkins I went. Best decision I ever made, that was in May 2005. You are making a good choice and I am looking forward to hearing about your great successes on this plan. Your going to feel better soon and remember we are also here for those moments when ya need a boost up too. I love this place it really makes the difference between my failure and success knowing the people here have been where I am and are here to listen and encourage. So bookmark this site for sure. Good luck.

willowmh
Mon, Dec-26-05, 11:14
Thanks everyone! I am going to to make it through induction and then be LC forever. I am already feeling a bit better, induction hasn't been as difficult this time, so far.....

I stepped on the scale this a.m. and noticed I am down 2 lbs! :yay: I know it is water weight, but it's a start. I just need to keep the scale going in the right direction.

I plan to only weigh once or twice a week. The fluctuations and any hint of a gain really get me down so if I weigh less often I think it will help.

pigasus718
Mon, Dec-26-05, 13:08
Hi Willow,
Welcome.
I'm new myself and find this a great place to be.
I admire your rededication and commiment.
My fear of becoming diabetic has also been one of the driving forces
behind my journey to the LC lifestyle.

Just read, read, read all you can here and in books. The more you know, the better.
Everyone is really helpful and friendly.

Good luck to you on your LC journey and path to better heath.

Robyn