PDA

View Full Version : Hi there!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

TommysGirl
Mon, Dec-17-01, 17:24
I just wanted to say hi and see what you all think about what I'm going to do. This Thursday is my birthday, and I'll be 16. This weekend I just started dating a GREAT guy! He is.....almost too good to be true! But I know that he is. Anyway, I have decided that I am NEVER going to spend another birthday overweight. This will be my birthday present to myself. I know that it will be hard, but I KNOW that I can do it! Not only for myself, but I want Tommy to be as proud of me as I am of him.
:rheart:

gwilson38
Tue, Dec-18-01, 10:30
hello Tommygirl!! I think what U are doing is awesome. 1st of I need to comment that if this guy wants to date U now then Im sure he already likes U for who U are. U need to do this for YOU and no one else. Also because U are 16 and still growing I would think U should modify the diet somewhat. Let me warn U, the biggest mistake I made was a crash diet when I was 13 and that triggered my lifetime weight problems. Now Im not trying to scare U. I think low-carbing is great and safe for younger people and Ill bet somewhere there is more info on the subject. I would no go too low on the carb end. U could likley eat 3 servings of veggies a day plus a low carb fruit and even something like a piece of multi- grain bread a day and still lose lots of weight. Start out with that and then change a bit as U need. Maybe see your doc and see what he suggests. Drink tons of water and take vitamins. Good luck and keep me informed as to how U are doing.

razzle
Wed, Dec-19-01, 12:37
Welcome, TG! And congratulations on the new boyfriend, too. :)

I think LC is very safe for you, and the pounds should come off pretty easily because of your age. What I'd advise is make sure that you're willing to dedicate yourself to a lifetime of healthier eating--no sugar and nearly no bread, plenty of healthy meat and green veggies. If you go off the diet, the weight will come back, and probably ten pounds more. So make only the changes you are willing to live with forever. Read the book--or several of them--so you understand why you are overweight and what the concept of a low-carb permanent way of life is all about. Best of luck to you!