PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

WhoFlungPo
Fri, Dec-23-05, 10:49
Hello, I hope everyone is doing great!! Well let me cut to the chase. The first time I low carb'ed It was insane. I lost 42 pounds in 3 months. I stoped for surgery. And fell into a void of dark beer and biskets and gravy. :yum: :yum: So needless to say I gained it back. (and I never exercised)

Now I'm having problems. In 2 months at well under 20 net carb's a day, no meds, and the same meals (I kept a journal) I have only lost 10 pounds. And I exercise 1 hour a day. (on a eleptcial) every day. Ive lost a couple of inches but Nothing major.I AM DUMBFOUNDED!!!!! :help: :help:

Has this ever happened to anyone ??? If so could you help. Im not giving up no matter what happens, I had a hip replaced so I cant be heavy. I dont have a choice.

Thank you. D. And I hope you all have a wonderfull Christmas and New Year.

Lexguy42
Fri, Dec-23-05, 13:26
HI, first things first.... congrats on losing a couple of inches. :thup:
Don't let it bother you too much that it is not comming off as fast as you would like just stick to it and it will work. Good luck and have a Merry Christmas

bob2112
Fri, Dec-23-05, 13:32
Welcome to the forums.

Stephbob
Sat, Dec-24-05, 15:16
Weight loss is ALWAYS slower the second, third, fourth time around! My first time, I lost 20lbs in 2 weeks, second time I lost 10 lbs in 2 weeks, third (and final!) time I lost 5lbs in 2 weeks. But it's 11 weeks later and I'm 28lbs down. The weight loss is slower, but it's all down to your metabolism. Also, if you are exercising, you're gaining muscle in place of fat. So my advice is to continue as you are, ditch your scales and rely on your tape measurements instead :)

penelope
Sat, Dec-24-05, 15:23
Ya, but you might be on a calories deficit because you are exercising too much and eating too little. Beware of starvation mode, your body is fighting back.

WhoFlungPo
Sat, Dec-24-05, 20:15
Ok thank you. Scales gone. Last time I got on it it started to sweat...Haha. And the starving thing makes very good since. N-E-Way Thank you all very much and have a wonderfull Christmas. D.

WhoFlungPo
Wed, Dec-28-05, 14:23
llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

pigasus718
Wed, Dec-28-05, 14:29
Hey Whoflung,
BTW, I'm still LMAO over your name :lol:
Good one!
Hang in there, it'll happen for ya.
Kudos to the 1hr exercise per day:clap:.
I could only hope to be so dedicated.

julia333
Wed, Dec-28-05, 16:00
Welcome back and take it easy...10lbs of hamburger looks like a big blob right? Just immagine your heart isn't dealing with that big blob any more! CONGRATS!

Those epli machine show that you burn ALOT more than you actually do..beware of those things...and just remember..this is not a diet..it is a way of eating...for life...GOOD LUCK!!!!

Carrie Ann
Thu, Dec-29-05, 07:15
I am in the same boat.... the weight fell off in record time the first time, and I have been struggling ever since I put it (plus 20) back on!

It's like this stupid crazy cycle.... oh well, keep on the wagon... I am sure it will be worth it... patience stinks! Good Luck to you!

scrapbookr
Thu, Dec-29-05, 12:34
:) welcome aboard! enjoy the forum! :)
Love you screen name - LMAO!

WhoFlungPo
Thu, Dec-29-05, 12:58
Thank you All. As the elipt. goes Ive learned to listen to my body. The readout thing lies alot. And the heart rate thing is off too. But 1 hour seems to be the trick. When I started I could only do 10 mins.

N-E-Way Thank you all again, WhoFlungPoo

JPCanDo
Thu, Dec-29-05, 19:54
This is my first time ever joining a forum - but I'm at my wits end. Although I'm only 39, the weight is simply sticking to me and I'm frustrated.

I've balked at low carb diets before but I know I'm a carb addict and that's got to be one of my biggest issues.

Alas, any friendly forum members who wish to send me a hello it would be gladly welcomed.

P.S. Just started this week - it'll probably kick in within a few days then I'll really need you all!

RhondaK
Thu, Dec-29-05, 20:11
Welcome to the fray !!! we're glad to have you and there is alot of good advice and support to be found here. Your gonna love how you feel as well as look soon.

cnmLisa
Thu, Dec-29-05, 21:14
10 pounds??? 40 sticks of butter!!!! GONE!!!! It's all in the perspective!! Remember...half of the sucess of keeping it off is the slow and methodic journey that gets you there so that by the time you have arrived, it really has become a "weigh" of life!! Stay focused. Don't sweat it. Continue working the plan.

Lisa

julia333
Fri, Dec-30-05, 00:03
I love the screen name...hilarious~!

penelope
Fri, Dec-30-05, 10:18
I keep reading this journal just because of the screen name. It gets me smiling first thing in the morning.

julia333
Fri, Dec-30-05, 11:52
Yeah..it reminds me a monkey flinging poo...hjahhahahahah!