PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a home

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

CarrieAnn8
Mon, Dec-17-01, 10:39
Ive been bouncing all over this site like mad in the last few days and i have a strong desire to "belong" somewhere. Seeing as i have at least 100 lbs to lose i would like to take root in this Club/forum. Sooooo as long as its alright with everyone....can i stay? hahaha i think im desperate for outside conversation. There is only so much you can get back from a 2 year old.

Carrie-Ann

alto
Mon, Dec-17-01, 10:42
Hi, CarrieAnn -- Welcome. Of course you may stay :) We'll be glad to have you. (Stories about two-year-old welcome, too :) )

There's a Countdown to 250 thread that you may want to take a look at -- you're almost there, as is one other person there, and one person just graduated, so a new little Countdown to Something starting with a 2 will probably start in the next two weeks. If you're looking for a small group within a group.

Otherwise, just post here -- start a topic, join in on one, whatever!!! Good luck on your journey!

Sh'ra
Mon, Dec-17-01, 12:57
Welcome CarrieAnn! I remember what it felt like to think you were in desperate need of adult conversation when there's a toddler at home. Mine's 15 now, and sometimes I wish there were LESS conversation :D

I'm in the 250 club Alto was talking about - the thread is on this board, so come on in and check it out!

Sh'ra

Victoria
Tue, Dec-18-01, 23:07
Hello and welcome! I know you will enjoy the forum. It's been a great help for me. It takes a while to figure out how to get around and all, but it's great to know there are so many wonderful people dealing with the same kind of struggles.

I am a stay at home Mom, and I watch my 4 year old granddaughter, so I know how it feels to need more adult interaction. Enjoy your little one while they are young. They grow up so quickly!! I know that sounds so cliche, but the time just whooshes by.

I am also around on the Countdown to 250. So come on in and check it out. :wave: Victoria

justme
Thu, Jan-03-02, 19:26
Adult conversation ...what is that?
I babysitt a 9 month old from 8:30 till 1:30 then i have a 5 year old from 2 till 5
then the two 13 year olds come home ( they are just as bad ))
foriegn language and all hahahaha
I like the group in here also..

I'll keep coming back.

PJ in Miam
Thu, Jan-03-02, 23:14
Yeah, you know there's even research about that... women who tend to have only kids to talk with change even psychologically... I have a five year old and two cats (one is deaf, does she count?!) so I know what you mean!

PJ

K-Louise
Sat, Jan-05-02, 15:36
Welcome Carrie-Ann

The more the merrier I say. We all learn from and support each other. I am on the Countdown to 250 also.

I'm going to go read your journal :D

:wave:
Kim