PDA

View Full Version : 2 years behind with many more to go

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

ArticCat
Thu, Dec-22-05, 18:03
I've recently gotten back on the Lo Carb horse and I am once again reminding myself why I had felt so much better when I was on it, yet, it is always so easy to give in to the sugar and caffeine that you are convinced will get you through the last few hours of your work day. I work for start up right now, where my boss is always upset when I want to take vacation because he is afriad he will need me for something and where I ultimatly always take other people's problems on my own, because I want to help to much. I struggling with the life and work balance. Which became even more obvious to me when I realized I had missed 3 week of a class I had signed up for and have decided I won't be continuing with next years. So, here I go again. Back to step one of improving my health and getting back on track.

Craigus
Thu, Dec-22-05, 18:23
Hey Artic.

If there's one thing I've seen about being too much of a yes-person, it's that you're rarely thanked for it in the end. It sounds to me like this dynamic is pretty high in your thinking right now, so I'm guessing you've already identified that this isn't a great pattern for you. Good for you. The reasons we act in people-pleasing ways can be pretty deep seated, so if you're working through all that I have the greatest respect for you.

If nothing else, the energy from low-carbing, and the increased self esteem as you take charge of your outward self will hopefully give your inner self a morale boost too! All the best with it!

Craig.

bkloots
Fri, Dec-23-05, 07:16
Before you can be of help or service to anyone else, you have to meet your own health needs--mental and physical. Strength from within. At this forum, we'll be happy to remind you of that regularly, so stick around! We're on your side.

Best wishes on taking charge of YOU.

bob2112
Fri, Dec-23-05, 07:19
Welcome aboard and congratulations for climbing back up on that horse. Best wishes for your future.