PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

sweetchick
Thu, Dec-22-05, 08:19
Hi all,
Just found this forum...I have been involved in a different one since I started low carbing in Feb/05...I love the support and reading about everyone's experiences. I just found this forum and look forward to now getting to know all of you too! :wave:
I am a mother of 4: 13,12,6, & 2.5yrs I low fat dieted most of my life then discovered low carb this past Feb...I truly LOVE this WOE!!! Maintainance seems to be the hardest thing though...I have bounced around 10lbs but seem to have settled in one spot where I am comfortable...I'm not sure I will ever lose that desire to "lose more" though. I was down to 107 at one point and family were concerned...I however would LOVE to be there again!! I have a very small frame so it was fine for me. I look forward to reading all of your "stories".

UPMichigan
Thu, Dec-22-05, 10:20
Welcome to the forum. You have done a fantastic job. Hang in there your body will stay where it needs to be. DH has been bouncing around for a while too....6'5" and weighs between 175 and 185...he likes the lower as well but body seems to like the higher.

Have a great Holiday Season!

Summer

bkloots
Thu, Dec-22-05, 14:03
I'm at or near my original goal weight. However, holding on to the belief that it would be "nice" to be about ten pounds lighter serves as a continual incentive to stay on plan.

Maintenance on low-carb is so much pleasanter and eaiser than it ever was on low-fat/low-cal. However, that's only because the vigilance and awareness I've developed since I started my low-carb journey actually works as an ongoing strategy. No more "diet" for me! I'm an Atkid for life.