PDA

View Full Version : SOS Erewhon Extra Vanilla Soymilk B Vitamins

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

thinnie
Wed, Dec-14-05, 22:25
I can't stop drinking it.....
I am a newbie slowly doing this low carb thing

...substituting nori sheets for bread
...had a great vegetarian BLTwrapped in a nori sheet stuffed with raw veggies and veggie bacon!

threw away my pasta.......resisted cookies...cakes.even pumkin pie
was it hard to pass up mashed potaotes today but I check carbs on everything and I am being strict except for this one thing.

I am trying to drink just one 8 oz cup of soymilk which is 23 carbs within the 30 allotted...and I wind up having like 3-4 cups...

Can you gain weight with carbs from the vanilla soymilk this way or is it really the bread potato rice starch thing that puts it on.
I really want to do this

Must I give up my favorite drink,....too?

ps. I hate that splenda*#$~..er.... stuff

thinnie
Wed, Dec-14-05, 22:38
okay.........If I can't train myself to have just one 8oz cup of soymilk by January 1RST, I will eliminate the Erewhon...actually it's Edensoy and I drank the whole thing....600 calories.....92 carbs
cancelling out the great progress I have made

I so want to be s-l-i-m
I know this low carb thing works...... I.have seen too many people do this and look great....
so I won't bail on myself because of a soy drink
I can do it!

BBQgal
Tue, Dec-27-05, 07:42
Hi Thinnie,
Have you tried talking to your sponsor to see if you can get help that way?
There must be something hidden sugar or something in the soy milk that is triggering you.

Do you follow the cambridge greysheet?
Annie

thinnie
Wed, Dec-28-05, 12:15
Hello BBQ gal;
Thanks for your question.
I actually have done a few things since I placed the intial post.
I tried omtting that brand and then I found a replacement Soymilk which has much lower carbs....like 11 carbs to an 8oz.
Although I do not drink a whole container still I drink a lot of it.
I am still trying to figure out what to do.
I cannnot have a sponsor in the grey sheet program as
I have decided to do a modified version of grey sheet and attend instead regular OA meetings.

The grey sheet regimen followed to the letter, does not allow for people like me ,who sometimes need to have maybe two mini meals (in addition to the three weighed and measured meals) avoid low blood sugar swings or again for someone like me who is protein deficient.....to allow for a couple of protein shakes in addtion to meals.

And yes both brands have contain some sugar or sugar-like substance.I am seriously mulling over to completely omit sugar from my food plan.Maybe I will search for a sugar free support board as I would defintely need support there too.
Thanks!

thinnie
Wed, Dec-28-05, 12:16
Cambridge Grey sheet????????

BBQgal
Wed, Dec-28-05, 15:21
Hi Thinnie,
the cambridge greysheet is 3 weighed and measured meals a day with nothing in between except water, coffee or tea(no calorie drinks)(no sugar or wheat) no matter what.
Maybe this is an American thing.
I wish you luck in OA.
I am still working on a routine for exercising. I have had problems in the past with injuries so i have to be careful.

Annie