PDA

View Full Version : hi there!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

purt
Sat, Dec-15-01, 18:07
I am just starting today and look forward to using this site for support! I've been yo-yoing back and forth between diets not getting anywhere and am so tired of that. I really need to commit to one. After reading the success here...I am really excited and feel very resolved to give this one a fair chance. I am glad you all are here--think I'm going to need your help!!

Leebugboo
Sat, Dec-15-01, 20:09
First of all, I would like to say ..........WELCOME! :) You have made a great choice coming here. It has made all the difference in the world to me. I am doing low carb (Atkins for me) for two reasons.........1....to lose weight, and .....2.....I need to get control of my blood sugar before doc puts me on insulin. So far I am doing pretty good. Induction is a bit stressful, but well worth the fight. The one thing I have failed on is water! That is the only thing that does not differ compared to all the other "diets". You gotta drink lots and lots of it. :eek: As far as this site..........It is AWESOME. (as are the fine people you will meet) :thup: I hope you stick around and start a journal. It helps you and others that read it. I look forward to all the advice and tips my buddies share with me. :roll: Good luck! I look forward to adding you to my Buddy list! :D

purt
Sat, Dec-15-01, 20:22
How do I start a journal? I think that would really help me. Thanks for being my buddy.

Leebugboo
Sat, Dec-15-01, 20:27
Your welcome! :p Just go to MY JOURNAL BOOTCAMP........then you would go to the letter that your name starts with.....mine is under "L". Then just type away! You put anything you want in it. Kinda like a diary.......a food log........or questions. Then people will respond and help you all they can. This site is awesome and so are the people. You will be hooked by the end of the day! Take care and good luck!

grrlpwer
Sun, Dec-16-01, 04:47
purt sounds to me like your off to a great start and i cant wait to read more of your journal over the next weeks and months to come :D

purt
Sun, Dec-16-01, 14:41
Thanks so much for the support. I was just reading your journal and can tell I'm going to learn alot from it--(the fitday.com--that is really neat!! ) I'm going to get a journal started and look forward to following yours as well! THanks so much for the support--sure means alot!!

razzle
Sun, Dec-16-01, 15:11
welcome, and congratulations on a great beginning.

I encourage you to post often, and if you're feeling those carbs cravings ever, just come here and read old posts, a glass of water at your side. With thousands of them here, and tons of info elsewhere on the web, you'll find loads of inspiration!

CarrieAnn8
Sun, Dec-16-01, 16:00
hi and welcome. I love this site and its gets more addictive by the minute. I cant get enough of reading everyones journal and learning so much from them. There is a lot of support here!!!!

Enjoy and good luck.

Carrie-Ann

Leebugboo
Sun, Dec-16-01, 17:26
Keep up the good work PURT, and welcome Carrie! When you all think or feel you are alone.........sign on and come here. Then you realize you aren't alone and people do understand EXACTLY how you feel. I have learned more from this site than I have any books I have read. It is a great place full of great people. Take care and good luck!