PDA

View Full Version : Cinnamon Vanilla Scones

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

4beans4me
Tue, Nov-22-05, 08:19
Cinnamon Vanilla Scones

2 cups CarbQuik
1/4 cup firm butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 egg, beaten
2 tsp vanilla
12 drops Sweetzfr** (or any granular or liquid substitute equal to a 1/2 cup sugar)
1 tsp cinnamon

Cut butter into CarbQuik.

In separate bowl, mix egg, 1/2 cup heavy cream, vanilla, and sugar substitute.

Add to dry mixture, and mix until well blended.

Fold in cinnamon.

Form into 8 balls and place on a greased cookie sheet. Push down to flatten slightly and neaten edges.

Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes.

Serves 8
190 calories
2.4 net carbs

WyoDiva
Fri, Apr-28-06, 16:59
Ok, I printed this recipe off the site about 6 months ago...and finally got around to making it this morning. THEY ARE GOOD! And, they are even good cold 8 hours later...just ate another one. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

I really like CarbQuik...I don't find it salty like some folks do, and it gives me products that have a 'crumb' very close to the 'real' or high carb thing.

mammac-5
Sun, Apr-30-06, 13:15
Yeah, I've been using Becki's recipe and making them for some time, too. Hubby loves them!

33lbs
Tue, Sep-19-06, 10:57
I haven't seen carbquick at the market. Can anyone help me to locate the product?