PDA

View Full Version : hi I am new here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

pjqueen
Tue, Dec-11-01, 22:59
:wave:

I started on LC the end of october I am aware this not the best time of year to start changing my way of eating. I did it anyway however, knowing I will cheat I am not being as stricted as I should maybe but I am happy. I had done the Atkins diet in the past so I do eat LC enough so that cravings arent a problem.
I have lost 15 lbs I was also exersizing 5 days a week till we put up our xmas tree I dont think the kids would be too happy if mommy knockes it down lol, but for now slow and steady is good.

Homegirl
Wed, Dec-12-01, 00:51
Welcome to the forum pjqueen and good for you making changes in your diet knowing what a difficult time of year this is to be making such changes.

Like you, I am giving myself a bit of leeway in food and exercise because this is such a busy time and so full of temptation. I think a good goal for this season is to be able to maintain current weight and get back to serious weight loss efforts in the New Year.

Good luck to you and don't forget to have a good look around the site. There is so much information here.

Leebugboo
Wed, Dec-12-01, 07:59
WELCOME! :cheer: CONGRATS!! You sound like you know what you want and what it takes to get it. Glad to have you back! As I have been told many times.........this is a lifetime life style change. So I don't think it matters when you start it, as long as you just start it. We all have to learn to deal with the temptations. (cheesecake is my biggie :p ) What better time to deal with temptations..........HOLIDAY time! OH BOY! :eek: I wish you the best of luck and happy holidays!!!!!!! p.s. I know about the Christmas tree issue too. I am not even allowed to stand next to mine without the 2 yr old freaking out! hee hee :D

gwilson38
Wed, Dec-12-01, 10:42
Just wanted to welcome U. It sounds like U have a realistic attitude about the holidays. I think the worst thing to do is to freak out over having a little something U shouldnt. Take it in stride and soon the holidays and the major temptations will be over...lol

pjqueen
Wed, Dec-12-01, 13:34
Its so nice to get a reply so fast and its is inspiring to here other people talk about LC because a lot of people think you can't lose weight unless you eat a low fat diet. I guess they think everybody has the same needs.So thank you so much !!

JonGarcia
Wed, Dec-12-01, 15:41
Greetings, i think its fantastic that you have chosen this time of year to do the diet. If you can maintain during the holiday season you can maintain year round. good luck.

Gipsy NYC
Wed, Dec-12-01, 16:01
Welcome to the freaking out about the holidays club...
but you know what... WE CAN DO IT!!!

I had the same concerns and in a previous posting a lot of people gave me some wonderful advice especially to stay focused in your goals and how wonderful it feels to do something for yourself,

and you know what's really helped me, to always remember that this is a LIFESTYLE change and that by choosing to change your relationship with food you are choosing a better life for yourself...

Happy Low-Carbing!!!

c_aveni
Wed, Dec-12-01, 20:24
First, congratulations on your loss! I too, am concerned about making it through the holidays.

But I have made it a lifestyle, and I feel great. So... I'm just going to keep going with it.

You'll find LOTS of support here - I read everyday. It makes me feel good to know that I am not alone in this WOL.

I am also from Maryland. If you need a "buddy" to chat with to help with the tough days and anything else, let me know.

Good luck,

Chris

EllieEats
Thu, Dec-13-01, 13:46
You're right... its a rough time of year to start...... I started a week or so before turkey day!! And now Christmas and New Years.....

But think how many more lbs might be on you after the holidays if you didn't start now!!
You are doing fantastic so far!! :thup:

I will do the best I can through the holidays... and if I cave...I'll just go back to the 2 week induction (thats a scary thought--- hopefully scary enough to keep me on track!)

Keep up the good work... and I'm sure the Life-saving holiday plans will be posted soon to give you some ideas for gliding though without too much trouble!! :D
Again... Welcome!
Ellie :wave:

Holly G
Fri, Dec-14-01, 08:01
I think that the LC WOL is the only way to get through the holidays. I did it last year too. The absence of cravings made passing up all the treats at work easy.

A few nights ago I was at a holiday party with a real enormous spread of delicious food. I filled my plate a couple times, did not feel one bit deprived, and it was great. I had shrimp and salami, a few chicken wings, veggies and cheese. A far cry from what would have been possible on the low fat diet.

Welcome, pjQueen and I know you'll find all the support here fantastic.

pjqueen
Fri, Dec-14-01, 12:20
Thank you all ! Its really great to have found this site people here are so inspiring. I see what a great job everyone is doin even when things don't go as fast as we would like them!

I am planing a few 1 hour cheats (I think Dr Atkinks got that from the carbo addicts) anyway it works for me lol, when those sugsr cookies get backed they are evil little thins I can hear then calling me eat me eat me, so when i know that I will have some I can keep it under control.

I hope evryone is enjoying the holidays!

LC Sponge
Sat, Dec-15-01, 06:11
Hi PJ - and welcome!

Head over to the "Journal" section on this board and start yourself a journal - that way you can keep track of your progress and if you run into any difficulty, there are lots of folks here who will give it a read and provide you with some good quality advice.

Happy lowcarbing holidays to you! :)

grrlpwer
Sun, Dec-16-01, 05:01
hi Pj welcome to the forum :D

your doing great keep up the hard work....and drink tons of water...the more you drink the more you lose and if you do over eat a few carbs drink even more water to flush the carbs out.... :wave:

pjqueen
Sun, Dec-16-01, 23:17
hi and thanks I will try to drink more water you know before I started lc I was trying to drink alot of water ,I guess since it got cooler i just have thought about it so much,but i will put extra effort and after the holidays I will also try the journal I just don't get to much computer time. Plus the fact that I have those 5 kids who also want computer time lol. Oh yea my 15 year old son is also doin the lower carb and before I came here I wasn't sure so at first he just got low enough to stop the cravings then he added some back in but he has lost and it shows so hes happy.

thank you all

PJ