PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm a newbie!

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Desprite
Mon, Nov-07-05, 00:54
:wiggle: Hello everyone, my name is Danielle and I'm new register user, but not new to the board. I've been battling with my weight forever, on and off trying various diets such as (Weight watchers, Atkins and South beach diet) etc. I have lost to date only 3 lbs and it's been 7 days :( now, what tips do you have for a new start? I have incorporated more H20 and walking.

I've been reading and viewing the board for sometime now and decided I would start a low carb lifestyle. Wow, all of you are so inspirational and motivating with your success. Keep of the great work!

Naledi
Mon, Nov-07-05, 01:36
Hi :wave:

Welcome to the forum. I think putting tight dietary restrictions on yourself can make you even more prone to overeating or stress-related eating. Instead of focusing on diet as a temporary solution, consider it a permanent lifestyle change. And you will really see the difference by the way you look at it.

Anyway wishin you good Luck and great success!! :thup:

zorra_1
Mon, Nov-07-05, 10:04
I have lost to date only 3 lbs and it's been 7 days
In the past 5 weeks, I have lost a pound, a whole stinking pound!!! But I'm not doing this for the weight loss (it did however cause a mini-tantrum!). Three pounds in 7 days may not feel like a lot to you, especially when others on here lose 10 pounds a week. There are so many things that affect weight loss that are individual to you. Keep with this and good luck!

Desprite
Mon, Nov-07-05, 15:37
Hello,Thank you, for your pointers and words of encouragement, I will keep that in mine.
Today is a better day fo me and I am viewing this as a lifestyle change instead of a diet. Wow,Ladies you are awesome.

Jojobird
Mon, Nov-07-05, 18:34
Hi Jojo here..
I joined this forum last March..at that time I was at an all time heavy weight of 175 lbs.. anyway..I could not motivate myself and after two weeks I gave up and left the list!
Now I weighed in at 185 lbs which absolutely horrifies me.. so this time I have to dicipline myself and keep using this forum and do whatever it takes..
I am very familiar with low carbing... and as of today I've been sticking to my PLAN without fail and I have lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks. Of course I'm very impatient and think I should have lost more but I'm happy at least I've started losing! I also joined a gym.. so I'm working out..which is new for me..
I look forward to being part of this forum because I realize I can't do it alone.

Hugs
Jojo from Ontario, Canada

bob2112
Mon, Nov-07-05, 21:56
Welcome to the forums.