PDA

View Full Version : new here

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

j4dcj1229
Sun, Nov-06-05, 15:34
comic sans msblue :wave: I have celiac sprue and been on SCD a little over than a year, with no luck. Wasnt able to eat their yoghurt or nuts. Until reading about low carb I was not eating any meat.

I tried just today a little drumstick with the skin on and ate it just fine with broccoli. I just cant seem to get a hanlde on eating. I do take enyzmes before each meal, some supplements after a meal along with minerals and I love to drink water. I have low thyroid problems been taking medication for that.

Just taking acidolphus pill seems to work for me. I have noticed in the past if I eat meat at dinner that I am up all night, if I do a carb meal then I am able to sleep.

So with this way of eating,means no grains, no starches and no sugars, is that correct? I am able to tolerate salmon,but have not eated beef for 30 years so not sure I can or even want to. I have eaten lamb occasionally and ground turkey.

As for cod liver oil that is nto even an option at the moment. In the past I have taken psyllium powder to keep me regular. I have also eaten dried prunes sugar free and that helps.

I am allergic to eggs, so at times I have eaten just the egg white, As for butter I use clarified butter as the milk bothers me. Coconut oil is very hard to digest, I use it occassionally. Olive oil seems to be the only one I can use.

Being diagnosed celiac was just the start of all this,now I have to learn how to eat,which I have tried many diets all which have not helped.

I have good blood work except I have inflamantion some where in my body,I was thinking it could be gallbladder,but the test all show no stones. So have almost given up hope to eat..any suggestions ? :help:

JaneDough
Mon, Nov-07-05, 19:39
So with this way of eating,means no grains, no starches and no sugars, is that correct?
Not exactly. If your intent is to do Atkins, the first two weeks are fairly restricted - but over time you might add in some starchy items and grains. There's a vegetarian low carb forum here; it sounds like you might benefit from the experience in that group. I hope your symptoms ease and you're able to find a plan that works for you. :heart: