PDA

View Full Version : I'm also new

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

t dowd
Fri, Nov-04-05, 09:09
Hi,
This dieting thing is so hard. I'm gratefull for support groups.I live with a skinny person and they will never get it.Even if they are supportive.I've read the gi diet book about 3 times and it makes sense to me. now just need to stick to it. Also exercise is a big thing .For me anyway.I get bored with it. I know this is going to take time and perserverence.I even tried hypnosis.That didn't work because I also have free will. In the choices I make in eating.I quit smoking three yrs ago.On the patch for two and half weeks. I smoked for 26 yrs.About a pack and a half a day.That was so easy compared to this.And I loved smoking. Thanks for listening

terri

Jr8Fan
Fri, Nov-04-05, 09:43
Welcome! Yes, dieting is hard. But, the best things to do are the hardest. I quit smoking too many years ago. If you can do that, you can do this. Smoking was a VERY hard habit to break!

zorra_1
Fri, Nov-04-05, 11:32
Congratulations about making a commitment to bettering your health! :wave: