PDA

View Full Version : salad idea

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

grahamgirl
Sat, Dec-08-01, 16:07
Previously, I didn't eat a lot of salads because I'm not always in the mood for cold food. I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but lately I've found that I love to take leftover meat (hamburger, chicken, steak), cut in pieces, warm in microwave, add a little cheese, then add lettuce and dressing or salsa. To me, it tastes so much better with something warm! :)

Another idea: On Sundays, I've been cutting up a bunch of broccoli or cauliflower into bite-size pieces. Then when I want a quick snack, I'll grab a few and have with a little ranch dressing. I do so much better with ready-to-eat snacks -- helps me not to reach for the bad stuff. :)

mum's girl
Sun, Dec-09-01, 02:08
I usually saute any leftover meat in my scrambled eggs for breakfast the next morning but the salad thing sounds good. I'm tiring of salad and it might just be the ticket to spark things up. I can't seem to find a dressing that I just LOVE!

mg

AngelaR
Sun, Dec-09-01, 04:47
Salad ideas

If you guys have any cookbooks lieing around, especially older pre fat-is-bad ones, mosey on thru them. You'll be surprised how many of the recipes have always been LC. The salad sections in those books generally have some new and interesting ideas. I also bought an LC cookbook, and one of the things they do often is a "wilted salad". The lettuce leaves are tossed in oil or butter, then gently tossed in a frying pan for just a couple of minutes till they wilt and warm up. This becomes a base to put meat , eggs and other goodies on to of.