PDA

View Full Version : Hi, new to the

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums

Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

asjudge
Thu, Nov-03-05, 12:53
forum. I am overweight by 120+lbs, with no serious health issues at this point. I am newly 48 years old and really would like to be more fit and weigh less by the time I am 50. I have a husband and 2 children, 12 and 7. I have been successful in the past with the low carb diet. I try to get no more than 15 a meal and an induction period for 10 days where I try and stay under 20 for the day. I am having a hard time getting started this time. At this point, the best I can do is walk. I have a treadmill and a puppy, so you'd think I'd be walking all the time. My motivation is nill. I need a fire under my butt. I NEED SUPPORT I also need new food ideas. I am a grazer and love meat, nuts, cheese, soy, celery, olives, fish. I am having a hard time with the snacky kind of food. I need suggestions. My downfall is bread, especially dipped in oil!! Thanks

Jr8Fan
Thu, Nov-03-05, 13:20
Welcome and good luck!

For a snack I dip hot n spicy Pork Rinds in Sour Cream or Guacamole.

Keep up the good work!

Naledi
Fri, Nov-04-05, 07:53
Hi there! :wave:

Welcome to the forum. I think putting tight dietary restrictions on yourself can make you even more prone to overeating or stress-related eating. Instead of focusing on diet as a temporary solution, consider it a permanent lifestyle change. And you will really see the difference by the way you look at it.

Anyway wishin you good Luck and great success!! :thup: :agree:

asjudge
Sat, Nov-05-05, 05:11
for your support. I think I am going to like this. I am working my way around the website to familiarize myself with everything. I do appreciate you taking the time to acknowledge me and my posts. Thanks again, asjudge :wave:

Jr8Fan
Sat, Nov-05-05, 05:36
You are very welcome! I just turned 45 about a month ago. I don't have serious health problems, but I have the typical "big girl" weight related issues....high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and the beginnings of a sugar problem. I think it is great that you have no serious health problems. Low carb will keep it that way.

Since beginning this WOE, my blood pressure has dropped from 135/100 to around 124/80. For once, I can't wait to see my doctor. The last time I went, about 6 weeks ago, he was pleased I had lost 7 pounds since out last appt. 6 months ago. I informed him it was actually more than 7 because I had gained several pounds since the last appt. and had to relose them, then drop the 7. He wanted to change my blood pressure medicine and I fought him on it. Since I have been on my current blood pressure medicine, which has been about 6 years, I have only had 1 migraine headache. I used to get them every month with my cycle. I promised that I would continue to low carb and if my blood pressure had not improved in 3 months, I would come back in and let him change my medicine. I am happy to say there will be no medicine change for me!

I have a 1 year old son at home....we have adopted him and chasing him around the house helps me with my exercise.

My greatest accomplishment is that I can now wear jeans again! They are size 18P....I am only a little over 5'0", but they are getting loose and I am soon going to have to get a size 16P.

Anyway, I can't wait to see your success! I LOVE ATKINS!! It is changing my life!